Newly Built PC: Need Help! Display Is Not Working, Any Suggestions?

Jerry_Vang

Hi, so finished my first PC build today, and everything seemed to be good. I was able to boot up Windows 10 setup with my USB. After going through most of the setup of Windows 10, my display just stopped working. My monitor still works, (as I am able to connect my laptop to it). I don't know what the issue is. Everything on my PC is on, the fans work, the water cooler is on, and the my graphics card seems to be working (LEDS are ON). My MOB is also on (LEDS are on), and RAM's RGB is on, but still no display. This is my first PC build, and I am low key freaking out. Can anyone possibly help me figure out what's wrong?

I also wanted to mention, that my mother board does seem okay? There isn't a red light and when I restart my computer, it beeps only once. Could there be an issue with my Graphics Card? All my parts are spanking new, so I wouldn't think there'd be faulty parts.

My Specs:
X570 Aorus Pro Wifi

Ryzen 9 3900x

EVGA XC Ultra RTX 2080 Super

Seasonic Focus GX-750 Power Supply

2 G.Skill TridentZ Neo (DDR4 8GB 3600MH 16CD)

Samsung V-Nand SSD 970 EVO NVME M.2

Thermaltake Floe Riing 360 TT Premimum Edition

Thermaltake View 71 TG RGB Tower

DELL S2716DGR 27'IN Gaming Monitor w/ Gsync

have you tried a different cable?

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

Hey, Welcome to the forum.

Do you have another monitor/TV to try out your PC with? It almost sounds like the GPU doesn't support the monitor (possibly due to not having the full drivers).

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Try all cables and ports on your graphics card. Even without drivers you should at least get the POST screen. Try PC on a TV or other monitor. 

17 hours ago, Skiiwee29 said:

have you tried a different cable?

I tried with no luck :( my monitor works, as I tested it with my laptop.

17 hours ago, minibois said:

Hey, Welcome to the forum.

Do you have another monitor/TV to try out your PC with? It almost sounds like the GPU doesn't support the monitor (possibly due to not having the full drivers).

Maybe I will try that and see. I will let you know if it works.

17 hours ago, glenalz81 said:

Were you using the latest Windows 10 version on the USB?

Yes I was using the latest version. I downloaded it through windows.

17 hours ago, Sir0Tek said:

In which port did you put the monitor cable?

I used the DP cable that came with the monitor. 

17 hours ago, Ragingsilver said:

Try all cables and ports on your graphics card. Even without drivers you should at least get the POST screen. Try PC on a TV or other monitor. 

I tried all ports, with no luck, I will try out another monitor and see if that works.

After plugging an HDMI cable to an older monitor with my GPU, I was able to get it to work! 

Although it was a small step, it was a step in the right direction. Thank you everyone.

Now, I am still unsure how I would be able to get it to work on my new monitor. 

How should I move forward, now that I was able to get the screen started. Is there a certain way I have to download drives to use for my new monitor?

I also wanted to note that even with the antenna that comes with the motherboard is plugged in, the built in wifi does not work. Do I have to use an ethernet cable first and install all the drivers before I am able to use the built in wifi and bluetooth?

1 hour ago, Jerry_Vang said:

I also wanted to note that even with the antenna that comes with the motherboard is plugged in, the built in wifi does not work. Do I have to use an ethernet cable first and install all the drivers before I am able to use the built in wifi and bluetooth?

It should work straight away but worth to try tbh

@Whiro tag or quote will do the trick 
i5 3570K @ 4.7Ghz  |  AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Performance  |  Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz  |  ASUS Strix GTX 970 OC  |  Phanteks P400S TG  (mesh panel) |  EVGA 500W1  |  Storage: Corsair 60GB SSD (boot), Gigabyte 120GB SSD, WD 2Tb HDD | Cooling: Custom loop

EKWB EK-XRES 140 Revo D5 RGB PWM

EKWB EK Supremacy Evo , naked die

EKWB EK Thermosphere 

EKWB EK CoolStream PE 360

EKWB EK Coolstream SE 120

EKWB EK Vardar 120s  x6

EKWB EK STC Classic 10/16  x10

EKWB EK DuraClear Tubing 16/10

EKWB EK CryoFuel Acid Green

Laptop: Gigabyte G5-KC | i5 10500H | RTX 3060

WHIRO

THE FIRST OF DEATH AND DARKNESS

He feast on the dead to inherit their power

I figured it out. After connecting via Ethernet cable to the internet, I was able to download the drivers that allowed my motherboard to pretty much activate bluetooth and the wifi. Thank you everyone for all the help! Y'all seriously saved me from so much stress.

26 minutes ago, Jerry_Vang said:

I figured it out. After connecting via Ethernet cable to the internet, I was able to download the drivers that allowed my motherboard to pretty much activate bluetooth and the wifi. Thank you everyone for all the help! Y'all seriously saved me from so much stress.

Glad to help ?

@Whiro tag or quote will do the trick 
i5 3570K @ 4.7Ghz  |  AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Performance  |  Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz  |  ASUS Strix GTX 970 OC  |  Phanteks P400S TG  (mesh panel) |  EVGA 500W1  |  Storage: Corsair 60GB SSD (boot), Gigabyte 120GB SSD, WD 2Tb HDD | Cooling: Custom loop

EKWB EK-XRES 140 Revo D5 RGB PWM

EKWB EK Supremacy Evo , naked die

EKWB EK Thermosphere 

EKWB EK CoolStream PE 360

EKWB EK Coolstream SE 120

EKWB EK Vardar 120s  x6

EKWB EK STC Classic 10/16  x10

EKWB EK DuraClear Tubing 16/10

EKWB EK CryoFuel Acid Green

Laptop: Gigabyte G5-KC | i5 10500H | RTX 3060

WHIRO

THE FIRST OF DEATH AND DARKNESS