VR Gaming + Video editing/streaming

Daeyve

About to put the order in.

I chose Kingston over the 970 Pro Evo SSD because of low latency and good price 

The Ripjaws seemed for me the best RAM considering 16 latency with 3600Mhz at a good price for 32gb

The PSU I'm not sure about, but it was a solid price (i think) for a 80+gold 750watt

Probably won't overclock a for a good while, so figured Noctua/dark Pro 4 would be overkill, and the tranquillo is really quiet

The MOBO apparently cools very well, and I like 570 for futureproofing

Case is the best balance between db and thermals, even though focus is sound.

Oh and I'm gonna put a 2080 super under it, I don't want a second hand GPU, and it's not great value, but I'm not waiting till end of the year for new GPU announcements.

Usecase: VR gaming, recording the gameplay and editing it Soviet Womble style. I still have to research which software likes cores/threadcount so I can make best use of the 3900x

This is to replace my current system that's not exactly a slouch (in most cases);

4790K, 16gb ram, R4 case, and an MSI 970 gtx which turned out to not even be able to edit a 30sec video at 720/60 without shitting its pants and seizing. (not thermal throttle, 69c max) 

If anyone could point out if I messed up anywhere, that'd be great.

final pc.JPG

3900x is overkill go for 3600 save money and get and auros for better vrms.

my 1 cents

Seems good so far but if you're recording gameplay I'd definitely just get high capacity HDD for cold storage and finished videos just cause 1 TB fills up real quick with games and videos on it, my 1 TB SSD is basically 90% full just because of games. I'd also spring for a slightly higher capacity OS drive because just in my use case I maxed out my 250 gig SSD within 6 months of using my PC. My new build is either gonna have 500 or 1 TB SSD just so I don't have to think about space on my OS.

i5 12600k | ASRock Z690M-ITX 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200MHz | EVGA 2080 Super Black | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB + 980 1TB | Corsair RMx 650W | Thermaltake Tower 100 White

42 minutes ago, muito_gostoso said:

3900x is overkill go for 3600 save money and get and auros for better vrms.

my 1 cents

I thought of this as well, but I'm uncomfortable with the amount of dropped frames when stacked next to a 9900K. the 3900x already loses out quite a bit on FPS, and definitely in VR on ultra settings I feel it'd make even more of a difference, or am I wrong. (this'd be the first PC i build, I'm not a techhead really)

I was already doubting between the TUF gaming elite and the Aorus, the aorus has HDMI 2.0 whereas TUF has 1.4, TUF just has more SATA and an extra PCI slot but if the VRM on Aorus is better, it's a no brainer. Ok, replacing the TUF with the Aorus. 

40 minutes ago, saladcrack said:

Seems good so far but if you're recording gameplay I'd definitely just get high capacity HDD for cold storage and finished videos just cause 1 TB fills up real quick with games and videos on it, my 1 TB SSD is basically 90% full just because of games. I'd also spring for a slightly higher capacity OS drive because just in my use case I maxed out my 250 gig SSD within 6 months of using my PC. My new build is either gonna have 500 or 1 TB SSD just so I don't have to think about space on my OS.

Ah, yeah I forgot to add, I still have a 2 TB external Seagate drive lying around and another 2 TB in my older system which will occupy my bedroom I guess. The OS needing a 500GB SSD was something I hadn't considered, is that usual? Does the OS take up that much?

2 minutes ago, Daeyve said:

Ah, yeah I forgot to add, I still have a 2 TB external Seagate drive lying around and another 2 TB in my older system which will occupy my bedroom I guess. The OS needing a 500GB SSD was something I hadn't considered, is that usual? Does the OS take up that much?

The OS itself doesn't take up that much but I find that I have a lot of random programs and files that it adds up and I always like having a little wiggle room. Tbh it might just be me cause I did game design for uni and UE4, 3d modeling files and stuff take up a chunk of space.

i5 12600k | ASRock Z690M-ITX 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200MHz | EVGA 2080 Super Black | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB + 980 1TB | Corsair RMx 650W | Thermaltake Tower 100 White

16 minutes ago, Daeyve said:

I thought of this as well, but I'm uncomfortable with the amount of dropped frames when stacked next to a 9900K. the 3900x already loses out quite a bit on FPS, and definitely in VR on ultra settings I feel it'd make even more of a difference, or am I wrong. (this'd be the first PC i build, I'm not a techhead really)

I was already doubting between the TUF gaming elite and the Aorus, the aorus has HDMI 2.0 whereas TUF has 1.4, TUF just has more SATA and an extra PCI slot but if the VRM on Aorus is better, it's a no brainer. Ok, replacing the TUF with the Aorus. 

1% lows are the same in proportion 3600 vs 3900x , over 100 fps , LOL.???

anyway if you feel comfy calling your pc monster rig 3900x it is ok.