Intel Core i5 9400F or 9400

Go to solution Solved by .Apex.,
Just now, Atinesh said:

Then I should go with “Option #1” with keeping Core i3 8100 just in case gpu dies (very less chance) as it has an Integrated GPU

Yeah that's also an option, it would be a waste to sell an i3-8100, no one would buy it for more than ~50$

Hello Guys, I need some suggestions. I am upgrading my "Intel core i3 8100 + Zotac GTX 1050ti OC Edition" to "Intel core i5 + RTX 2060 Super"

Basically, with my budget, I have 2 below options

Option #1Intel Core i5 9400F + MSI RTX 2060 Super Gaming X

Option #2Intel Core i5 9400 + Zotac RTX 2060 Super Mini

Is it worth throwing extra bucks for integrated GPU

The way I think of integrated graphics is a flexebility feature. Let's say that the GPU dies. Then we can use the iGPU to troubleshoot. But for non-techies (AKA normal people :D) it doesn't really make a difference if they have integrated graphics or not.

Please mention or quote me if you want a response. :) 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

3 minutes ago, Atinesh said:

Hello Guys, I need some suggestions. I am upgrading my "Intel core i3 8100 + Zotac GTX 1050ti OC Edition" to "Intel core i5 + RTX 2060 Super"

Basically, with my budget, I have 2 below options

Option #1Intel Core i5 9400F + MSI RTX 2060 Super Gaming X

Option #2Intel Core i5 9400 + Zotac RTX 2060 Super Mini

Yes and no, depends on the difference en price. It's nice to have if your 2060 goes bad at some point. But you could also go for something like a Ryzen 3600 as it's better value. You'll get 6 cores and 12 threads instead of 6 cores without hyper threading.

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

17 minutes ago, Uptivuptiz said:

The way I think of integrated graphics is a flexebility feature. Let's say that the GPU dies. Then we can use the iGPU to troubleshoot. But for non-techies (AKA normal people :D) it doesn't really make a difference if they have integrated graphics or not.

Yeah, for only that reason I am confused. I do my office work also on the system, If for some reason GPU dies I will be stuck

17 minutes ago, DoctorNick said:

Yes and no, depends on the difference en price. It's nice to have if your 2060 goes bad at some point. But you could also go for something like a Ryzen 3600 as it's better value. You'll get 6 cores and 12 threads instead of 6 cores without hyper threading.

For that I need to throw extra bucks for MOBO

1 minute ago, Atinesh said:

For that I need to throw extra bucks for MOBO

I see. Then maybe consider 9600K/KF

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

40 minutes ago, Atinesh said:

It is not unless you have a use for QuickSync, that's the only benefit you can get.

16 minutes ago, Atinesh said:

Yeah, for only that reason I am confused. I do my office work also on the system, If for some reason GPU dies I will be stuck

You're talking many many years in advance for a GPU to start malfunctioning, you can easily find a <50$ replacement or even buy a whole new system because at that point your PC would be obsolete, money would be better spent on SSD's right now.

Quote or Tag people so they know that you've replied.

14 minutes ago, DoctorNick said:

I see. Then maybe consider 9600K/KF

Earlier I had 9600k in my mind but I discarded it for 2 reasons 1. Extra cost 2. My MOBO doesn’t support overclocking 

2 minutes ago, _Syn_ said:

It is not unless you have a use for QuickSync, that's the only benefit you can get.

You're talking many many years in advance for a GPU to start malfunctioning, you can easily find a <50$ replacement or even buy a whole new system because at that point your PC would be obsolete, money would be better spent on SSD's right now.

Then I should go with “Option #1” with keeping Core i3 8100 just in case gpu dies (very less chance) as it has an Integrated GPU

Just now, Atinesh said:

Yeah that's also an option, it would be a waste to sell an i3-8100, no one would buy it for more than ~50$

Quote or Tag people so they know that you've replied.

9 minutes ago, _Syn_ said:

Thanks I have finally decided this