What sized drill bit would I need to run a Ethernet cable from outdoors indoors through brick?

mamamia88

I do not want to crimp if I can avoid it bu,t I have the tools to do so

6 minutes ago, mamamia88 said:

I do not want to crimp if I can avoid it bu,t I have the tools to do so

If you're talking about shoving a pre-terminated cable through the hole?

The 8P8C connector (commonly referred to as the RJ-45 connector) is about 12mm wide - this is equal to about .47 inches - I would measure the specific cable you've got to ensure you don't go too small. 1/2" (or around 12 or 13mm) would likely be okay, but you may want to go a bit bigger.

If you can terminate the cable, you can make the hole a lot smaller - how small depends on the specific cable you buy.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

On 1/2/2020 at 7:17 PM, dalekphalm said:

If you're talking about shoving a pre-terminated cable through the hole?

The 8P8C connector (commonly referred to as the RJ-45 connector) is about 12mm wide - this is equal to about .47 inches - I would measure the specific cable you've got to ensure you don't go too small. 1/2" (or around 12 or 13mm) would likely be okay, but you may want to go a bit bigger.

If you can terminate the cable, you can make the hole a lot smaller - how small depends on the specific cable you buy.

I measured it. Half inch would work