Recall a video about NAS SSD storage

orddie

Does anyone remember a linus video within the last 6 months talking about Seagate BarraCuda SSD's?   Something like the following link

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07T4178G1/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_2?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1

I need to replace some SSD's in my NAS and "bookmarked" these drives based off a Linus Video.  Are these drives still recommended?

I don´t remember that video, do you have the link? I would recommend you thou to use NAS devices for NAS type configurations, they have more endurance than devices that were not manufactured for NAS:

IronWolf 110 Network Attached Storage (NAS) SSD | Seagate Brasil

Seagate Technology | Official Forums Team

IronWolf Drives for NAS Applications - SkyHawk Drives for Surveillance Applications - BarraCuda Drives for PC & Gaming

Alright! Thanks for sharing this video, I saw that they build all the configuration with NAS drives, with Ironwolf to be exact. The endurance is different from BarraCuda to IronWolf because one is focused on the work hours of any regular office from 8-10 hours daily, the others can work 24/7 but you will have to upgrade from BarraCuda to BarraCuda Pro or IronWolf:

IronWolf and IronWolf Pro NAS Hard Drives | Seagate US | Seagate US

BarraCuda and BarraCuda Pro Internal Hard Drives | Seagate US

Some companies cut some budget using home and office HDDs on their servers, but even though that helps them reduce the budget for HDDs a lot, it also impacts in the future since they will have to change those HDDs again in a very short time and that even could end up in something more expensive than it originally would have cost.

If you are going to use a configuration such as these only for mass storage I suggest that you use the BarraCuda Pro as a minimum since it resists 24/7 schedules and that you leave the single and normal BarraCuda for machines that do not work all day.

Seagate Technology | Official Forums Team

IronWolf Drives for NAS Applications - SkyHawk Drives for Surveillance Applications - BarraCuda Drives for PC & Gaming