noise on dsl line

Hello,

There's a lot of noise on my dsl line. I was wondering if the type of phone wires used, and the condition they are in is affecting my internet. I've attached a photo of one of the jacks inside my apartment. The port on the right is for the telephone socket. I'm also curious to know if it's a twisted pair setup or the older quad wires. 

Looking forward to receiving your input.

phonejack.jpg

43 minutes ago, Hollow Volition said:

snip

Jesus fucking Christ what a mess..... I would advise you to contact the apartment management, a contractor or your IPS to fix it, messing with it yourself is not a smart idea

Yours faithfully

I can tell you it's not twisted pair. It doesn't meet the color code for RJ-11 or RJ-45.

It's been years but something we used to be told when laying phone wire was to avoid laying it near high voltage wires. The wires could cause EMI and show up in the phone line as static noise.

I can't say for certain but any EMI on network cable can/will cause packet loss which will show up as a reduction in speed or connection dropouts. I'm not familiar with the analog signals or protocols used over 2 pair phone wire but its possible it could still cause a similar situation.