Usage low on gpu

ODD_BOX307

I have a i7 4790 and rtx 2060 super that I just installed yesterday to replace my gtx 1060 3gb I have 32 GBs of ddr3 ram and a 550 watt psu and my games are using 60 percent of my cpu but only 30-40 percent gpu I’ve tried uninstalling and reinstalling drivers messing with control panel settings reinstalling my os and nothing is working please help

I'm sure someone else can confirm but my hunches are among these:

-ddr3 may be too slow to feed the GPU

-processor may be too slow to feed the GPU

-psu may be too low to power everything at full load

1 hour ago, XPI Sigma said:

I'm sure someone else can confirm but my hunches are among these:

-ddr3 may be too slow to feed the GPU

-processor may be too slow to feed the GPU

I'm not going to confirm, but these first two,.. a locked max frequency of 3.9Ghz,.. not being able to overclock, and the factor he can't use fast ram like 2133-2400Mhz at a tightened set of timings.. these will be a decent factor.
My Rig is a 4790K 4.6Ghz+4.4Ghz Cache,. 2200Mhz TightTimedRam
Plus the 2060Super is a beast (Probably overkill in many titles for 1080p) and should be considered for harder tasks than 1080p Ultra, like 1440p VeryHigh-Ultra for the similar framerates of a CPU bottlenecked 1080p Ultra.

To reduce frametime spikes/stutters in many games, set an FPS CAP a tiny bit below your AVERAGE unlockedNon-Vsync FPS for that game, reducing the cravings for more, reducing problematic interrupted frametimes as best it can.
Or use Higher settings via (Nvidia DSR Faked Resolutions) or internal game resolution scalers if available.

Your platform is likely holding you back (NonK specifically and its Ram limitations)
You can induce more GPU load using tricks to get to 100% but its much of a muchness until you upgrade if 1080p highFPS is your target.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

1 hour ago, SkilledRebuilds said:

I'm not going to confirm, but these first two,.. a locked max frequency of 3.9Ghz,.. not being able to overclock, and the factor he can't use fast ram like 2133-2400Mhz at a tightened set of timings.. these will be a decent factor.
My Rig is a 4790K 4.6Ghz+4.4Ghz Cache,. 2200Mhz TightTimedRam
Plus the 2060Super is a beast (Probably overkill in many titles for 1080p) and should be considered for harder tasks than 1080p Ultra, like 1440p VeryHigh-Ultra for the similar framerates of a CPU bottlenecked 1080p Ultra.

To reduce frametime spikes/stutters in many games, set an FPS CAP a tiny bit below your AVERAGE unlockedNon-Vsync FPS for that game, reducing the cravings for more, reducing problematic interrupted frametimes as best it can.
Or use Higher settings via (Nvidia DSR Faked Resolutions) or internal game resolution scalers if available.

Your platform is likely holding you back (NonK specifically and its Ram limitations)
You can induce more GPU load using tricks to get to 100% but its much of a muchness until you upgrade if 1080p highFPS is your target.

So what should I focus on most ram or processor cause the cpu goes up to 4.0 ghz I can see if the ram is to slow

9 minutes ago, ODD_BOX307 said:

So what should I focus on most ram or processor cause the cpu goes up to 4.0 ghz I can see if the ram is to slow

What can I do to boost my fps or get my GPU to a better usage the n 30-50 percent cause that’s just way to low

Activate Nvidia DSR

Enable 4x, set ZERO FILTERING for 4K

Use 13-33% for sub4K adaptations.

Like the 3x 2x and 1.5x resolutions it gives you.

You'll want some Filtering for those.

Use the 4K in Games, use the Games Res scaler if available,. to use 1440p-2160p ranges of resolution.

Fast Ram helps the Most when a core/thread is at or near max usages.

The CPU IPC isn't strong enough at 4x4Ghz with 8 lanes with 1600Mhz Memory backing it.

You need higher clocks (Unlocked K Skew) or more cores and clocks or a higher resolution monitor.

You are using a 1440p GPU Tier for 1080p Gaming, expect sub100% usages on anything less than the 8700K or HIGHLY Overclocked 4c8t beasts of yesteryear..4790k/6700k/7700k

Using Higher resolutions creates more GPU demand so use Nvidia DSR.

Or Buy a Monitor or New platform to suit your GPU.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz