Dell's XPS 13 lineup just CRUSHED it.

AlexTheGreatish

Only 13 2 in 1 supports LPDDR4.

LPDDR4 would be significant improvement for Intel UHD.

Important difference to consider 

2 minutes ago, Drypebble said:

Screen Brightness at 60-75% and keyboard at middle backlight setting. No moving wallpapers or anything silly either :/ Guess I'll have to contact Dell support.

Hmm, maybe reduce the screen brightness to more like 35% or lower, and also turn off HDR if it is enabled.  That screen can go up to 400nits, and it will destroy your battery if given the chance.  

On 1/1/2020 at 1:32 AM, AlexTheGreatish said:

Could someone please mention the laptop stand used at 3:48. Thanks.

On 1/4/2020 at 4:43 AM, gsk12 said:

Could someone please mention the laptop stand used at 3:48. Thanks.

Honestly, I think they used a little notepad or wooden block to prop-up the rear end of the laptop (judging by the shape of the object and the reflections/shadows coming off of it at the butt of the laptop).

Though there are laptop stands that tilt can the keyboard to that exact angle.............

Spoiler

I recommend the first one. ;)

Would love to see how games on this run paired up with an eGPU.

@AlexTheGreatish 

I just noticed an XPS issue on the member reviews and a couple of other people posted about it here too. The issues are well documented on support forums and /r/Dell so I think it’s fair to say there are recurring quality concerns with Dell XPS. Would Linus Tech Tips please hold them to account on this? At least investigate it a bit. I mean if this was Apple you guys would be all over it.

1 hour ago, Gdambar said:

@AlexTheGreatish 

I just noticed an XPS issue on the member reviews and a couple of other people posted about it here too. The issues are well documented on support forums and /r/Dell so I think it’s fair to say there are recurring quality concerns with Dell XPS. Would Linus Tech Tips please hold them to account on this? At least investigate it a bit. I mean if this was Apple you guys would be all over it.

It isn't a large enough sample size for us to really comment on.  When you're shipping millions of units there are going to be issues, and I haven't heard enough of these to say it is reoccurring yet.  It sounds like the larger issue in this case was the user moving countries and it probably would have just been a replacement unit if they had stayed in the US.