Custom psu cables

Over_Confident
Go to solution Solved by minibois,

As long as you get cables meant for your PSU, there is nothing dangerous about it.

Cablemod is a trusted company who sells quality products, as far as I have seen.

Short question :
is it dangerous to buy cablemod custom cables to replace the current cables from my psu ?

(I have a modular psu - Corsair rm650x)

As long as you get cables meant for your PSU, there is nothing dangerous about it.

Cablemod is a trusted company who sells quality products, as far as I have seen.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

1 minute ago, minibois said:

Alright sounds cool, but its expensive, like really. Worth or not worth if I may ask you ?

Just now, Over_Confident said:

Alright sounds cool, but its expensive, like really. Worth or not worth if I may ask you ?

It's purely aesthetic. So that's gonna be highly subjective if it's worth it.

Personally I wouldn't bother, as someone who thought about decking out their system with more RGB, sleeved cables, etc. I am glad I didn't do that in the end. It would have been needless money spent on a system I don't even look at.

My PC is mainly function over form, but if you want to spice up your system, it can look pretty good.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

1 minute ago, minibois said:

It's purely aesthetic. So that's gonna be highly subjective if it's worth it.

Personally I wouldn't bother, as someone who thought about decking out their system with more RGB, sleeved cables, etc. I am glad I didn't do that in the end. It would have been needless money spent on a system I don't even look at.

My PC is mainly function over form, but if you want to spice up your system, it can look pretty good.

Alright I appreciate your answers ! Have a good one

its an aesthetic purchase only. Please link what cables you are looking at. To confirm you are purchasing cable replacements and you are NOT buying extensions. The cables look alot better IMO and can be easier to route as it allows the individual cables to be managed through holes easier (also IMO for routing lol). 

If you want the pc to have a specific look then its worth subjectively if you like the look of it, but only you can say if it looks good or not. The main consensus for PC builders is they like the aesthetic as alot of builders use individually wrapped cables. 

1 minute ago, GodSeph said:

its an aesthetic purchase only. Please link what cables you are looking at. To confirm you are purchasing cable replacements and you are NOT buying extensions. The cables look alot better IMO and can be easier to route as it allows the individual cables to be managed through holes easier (also IMO for routing lol). 

If you want the pc to have a specific look then its worth subjectively if you like the look of it, but only you can say if it looks good or not. The main consensus for PC builders is they like the aesthetic as alot of builders use individually wrapped cables. 

Yeah I get the idea, I will check on sales but might not be an urgent buy