Which Card Manufacturer Do You Prefer?

Godsmack

I'm just curious what manufacturer people are buying when it comes to their gpu. This is not a debate about who is better "AMD or Nvidia", just which manufacturer you bought or are going to buy.

List your reasons:

- Better specs?
- Better cooling?
- Better support?
- Better customer service?

- Better looking.... :/
- ***Availability*** (Sorry I left that one out, damn... that should have been the poll..)

I have a EVGA GTX 780 Superclocked

*I only posted 7 manufacturers for each, the 7 for Nvidia cards comes from Nvidias website. I could not find a list for AMD easily so i just shopped for them and found these manufacturers.  If i missed a brand that you purchased or want on the list just mention it.

*Multiple choice
*Hypothetical EVGA added for AMD
*Gainward added for Nvidia

*HIS added for AMD

Probably a tie between EVGA and ASUS

CPU: i7-4770k CPU Cooler: NH-D14 RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8gb GPU: EVGA Superclocked 780 ti MOBO: ASUS Maximus VI Gene PSU: Corsair RM 850 Case: Bitfenix Prodigy M

For Nvidia i chose MSI. I like the Twin Frozr coolers and "military class" components they use, also I have good history with them. Sapphire for AMD mainly for looks and my small history with them.

Still learning how to play Dota 2 :)

I like EVGA. I am not really sure why but I have always used it and I like the design and cooling

Cpu: FX8350 MoboGigabyte GA.990FXA-UD3  GPU: EVGA GTX770 2GB  RAM: 8GB Crucial ballistix tactical tracer  STORAGE: Crucial M500 240GB /seagate barracuda 1TB PSU: Corsair RM750  CASE: Xigmatek Talon  COOLING: Corsair H100i KEYBOARD: Quickfire TK KEYPAD: Razer Nostromo MOUSE: Razer Naga 2012  HEADSET: Tritton pro+

EVGA, I only buy nvidia cards for myself. When I design a system for someone else, I always go with an MSI AMD card.

[AMD Athlon 64 Mobile 4000+ Socket 754 | Gigabyte GA-K8NS Pro nForce3 | OCZ 2GB DDR PC3200 | Sapphire HD 3850 512MB AGP | 850 Evo | Seasonic 430W | Win XP/10]

EVGA for NVIDIA for their unparalleled warranty of which the step up program plays a big part. Absolutely amazing initiative from their side.

I didn't vote because EVGA don't do AMD GPU's

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

I didn't vote because EVGA don't do AMD GPU's

Yea, I read on other forums people not happy about that

EVGA and ASUS

Yea, I read on other forums people not happy about that

It might be the contracts and stuff that in place. Since EVGA is so good nvidia like's okay you're going to be our #1 3rd party card creator. And with that you are not to make ANY cards for amd.

Wanna hang out with me and people like @Theslsamg, @ Ssoele, @BENTHEREN, @Lanoi, @Whiskers, @_ASSASSIN_, @Looney, @WunderWuffle, and @nsyedhasan. Well.... Check out: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/48484-unofficial-linustechtips-teamschnitzel-server-teamspeak/

ASUS, then MSI, then EVGA.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

MSI, HIS then Asus

CPU: i7 5820K 4.0GHz @1.15V | MOBO: Asus X99 Sabertooth | GPU: Gigabyte Windforce GTX 980Ti, LTT Orange | CASE: NZXT H440 Black 2015 | COOLER: Noctua NH-D15S w/ LTT Fans | RAM: 32GB Patriot 3000MHz | STORAGE: 512GB Samsung 950 Pro, 960GB Sandisk Ultra II 3 x 8TB Seagate HDD's | PSU: 750W Seasonic X series, black / orange cablemod cables| Monitors: 3x Asus VX24AH's | AUDIO OUT: Microlab SOLO 8C, Sennheiser HD 650's, Audio engine D1 Amp / DAC | AUDIO IN: Blue Snowball | Keyboard: CM Storm QuickFire TK MX Green | Mouse: Logitech G900 Proteus Spectrum + RSI Extended Mouse Pad | PCPP Linkhttp://nz.pcpartpicker.com/list/hPjFd6

MSI

Motherboard: MSI-990FXA-GD65 | CPU: AMD FX-8350 @ 4.3Ghz | CPU Cooler: Corsair H100 | RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz | GPU: MSI GTX 770 Lightning @ 1300Mhz CC and 8000Mhz MC | Case: Fractal Design ARC Midi R2 | PSU: Corsair AX850 | OS: Windows 8.1

Gigabyte and Sapphire because the blue PCBs. I like it. It matches my motherboard.

Gigabyte specifically because their coolers are typically very quiet. I could not ever hear my 550TI windforce card. by friend's Gigabyte 7970ghz is relatively quiet too.

Sapphire because the generally cheaper prices, decently quiet cards and cool designs (except for that disgusting new R9 Toxic cards, ugh, ugly)

Old shit no one cares about but me.

I voted for all of them, I have no brand loyalty.

Whoever has what I want when I want it gets my money.

I would say MSI. The yellow on Lightning are really good. And they perform pretty well. Was not going to buy my Inno3D 660 if the MSI one was not out of stock.

Intel Core i5 3570K@4.5GHz | ASRock Z77 Extreme4 | 2*TEAM 8GB DDR3-1600@CL9-9-9-27 | Inno3D GTX 660 HerculeZ 2000s@1200MHz Core 6600MHz Memory | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | Antec Kühler H2O 620 | Antec HCG-620 | CoolerMaster Elite 371

Acer Iconia W700: Intel Core i5 3337U | 4GB DDR3 | 120GB SSD | 11.6" 1080p Display

You forgot both HIS and PowerColor on the AMD side. =P

I actually buy from most manufacturers, but I will stick to the ones I prefer for my own personal builds.

On the AMD side I often gravitate toward XFX and Sapphire. I like their cooler designs and they both make quality products. I have bought HIS for myself, but I have not done so since the 4000 generation, however I do like their cooler designs and their build quality as well.

On the Nvidia side it's EVGA. Great quality, cooling, and non-reference options. If for some reason I can't get my hands on the specific EVGA card I am looking for, my backups would be MSI or ASUS.

There are only a few manufacturers I tend to stay away from, even with customer builds, and those are PNY, Zotac, and Galaxy. Having been a tech for a very long time, and with more builds than I can count under my belt, these are the top three brands I have had more issues with over the years. So much so that I pretty much avoid them all together.

Funny thing, I can remember back when Sapphire was the brand to avoid due to quality issues, but now they are one of the top brands on the AMD side of the fence. They have really come a long way and now offer top quality hardware.

I have not owned a Diamond card is a VERY long time, while I used to like them many years ago, I have no idea on their current quality. Club 3D, also never owned one, they are not very popular here in the US. So I have no real opinion on them either.

I pick the ones I do, not based on "brand loyalty", but the fact they have earned my business time and time again by providing me with a quality product that has met or exceeded my expectations. If that ever changes, I will not stick with a brand for the sake of doing so. Like I said, being a system builder I have the privilege of using hardware from many different manufacturers, so I get to gauge their quality for myself and form my own opinions.

=]

you forgot HIS and Gainward

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

MSI is my go to brand lately, never had an issue with them over the many years of building PCs. Quiet, Cool and a great performer is hard to beat.

EVGA comes in second on my list.

For me, it's all about the looks of the card when deciding on which vendor to buy from, since all their flagship models perform about the same. Another factor may include accessories such as freebies

CPU Intel i7-4770k @4.4Ghz Motherboard ASUS Maximus VI Hero RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz 16GB GPU MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4G Case Corsair 760T Storage Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB + 2x WD Black 1TB PSU Corsair AX860 Display(s) AcerXB1, QNIX QX2710                         Cooling Corsair H105 Keyboard Corsair K70 Cherry MX Red + Red LED Mouse Logitech G700s Sound Beyerdynamic MMX300

have 2 msi cards and the build quality is epic, my mates sapphire card is really nice and my gigabyte failed within a day.

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

I voted for all of them, I have no brand loyalty.

Whoever has what I want when I want it gets my money.

Many of us agree with you, but i specifically stated this was just what people wanted to buy, or what they bought, and i asked people not to just blanket vote for all of them.  It's not a big deal but please don't do that in the future, just state your position.  There are many people who really are curious about what members here are buying and why.

But I and many others agree with you, we have no brand loyalty and will either buy what has the best specs and performance or what meets our financial situation.

I went with Gainward cards in my rig. A lot cheaper than the others and had a half decent cooler on it. However I took the coolers off and put waterblocks onto them... 

nice, i dont know too much about OC'ing etc, but don't some brands OC better than others?

For me, it's all about the looks of the card when deciding on which vendor to buy from, since all their flagship models perform about the same. Another factor may include accessories such as freebies

I agree mostly with that, like i don't think most of us are gonna tell the difference between stock 980MHz and 1000MHZ etc lol, but i didn't think about freebies, i'm more concerned with cooling or customer support etc.

have 2 msi cards and the build quality is epic, my mates sapphire card is really nice and my gigabyte failed within a day.

I have used an MSI card as well and it works great, i've read that Sapphire cards are really good too, and i almost bought the Gigabyte GTX 780 but after some last minute reading I decided to go with the EVGA GTX 780 SC w/ACX.