AverMedia Game Capture HD2 or Elgato Game Capture HD60S? (PS3 recording question)

Hawick

Hello everybody,

I'd like to record my PS3 games but I can't decide between AverMedia Game Capture HD II and Elgato Game Capture HD60S. YouTube video quality is the most important aspect for me. I want a nice sharp and crisp image even during lots of motion such as while driving in a car - let's say in GTA V. Videos tend to get very pixelated during motion and I'd like to know which one handles this better: the above mentioned avermedia or the elgato device? 

Pros & Cons of the AverMedia Game Capture HD II)
Pros
- has component cable port (so HDMI splitter isn't necessary)
- does not require a PC and therefore no annoying softwares have to be installed in order for it to work
- has built-in video editor, which is kind of whack but I could get away with that
- much cheaper than the Elgato one (about 100~120 USD)

Cons
- can record at 30 fps max (which is bad because I know for a fact that even if the game you're trying to record is 30 fps it is still beneficial to record at 60 fps because it forces YouTube to display your video at a higher bit rate)
- can't live stream (not really important as I don't live stream)
- no flashback feature

Pros & Cons of Elgato Game Capture HD60S
Pros
- can record at 60 fps (possibly meaning higher max bit rate)
- can live stream  (not really important as I don't live stream)
- has a so-called "Flashback" recording feature, which means that you can just press a button and it'll record the last X minutes of your gameplay regardless

Cons
- requires a laptop or PC with Windows 8+ (I heard only is it compatible with Windows 10)
- does not have component port and that kind of requires that I buy a HDMI splitter; not to mention it also has to bypass HDCP and not all splitters can do that so it could cause a major headache
- much more expensive compared to the AverMedia one (somewhere between 200~220 USD)

The only thing I have no information about is the quality of the actual recorded footage (I mean the quality once it's uploaded to YouTube, because that's the only thing that matters to me - I don't care about the raw file's quality!)

I could save up for the Elgato if I really wanted to but...is it worth it? 

If it has noticeably less pixelation on YouTube (compared to the AverMedia counterpart) then I'd say it's worth it.

Could you give me your opinion?

Thanks!