A Case for good Cable Management

DrSnugglz

hello my friends,

i am looking for ATX Cases which offer solutions for cable management.

Would love to hear your opinions!

Sry for bad english

As a Corsair Fanboy i'd say anything around 100 USD will be more than ok, it boils down to personal preference, for example, i wouldn't buy anything without either a PSU shroud that covers the whole bottom area or a completely separate space for PSU and cable management as the one my personal case has. Corsair 280x 

6 minutes ago, Kyatto said:

As a Corsair Fanboy i'd say anything around 100 USD will be more than ok, it boils down to personal preference, for example, i wouldn't buy anything without either a PSU shroud that covers the whole bottom area or a completely separate space for PSU and cable management as the one my personal case has. Corsair 280x 

Checked it out, but it seems super clunky

1 minute ago, DrSnugglz said:

Checked it out, but it seems super clunky

It's matx, so you can only fit so much hardware in it, but overall it looks fairly clean when assembled IMG_20191226_184638_HDR.thumb.jpg.fb33ab92765ff865df99619c34026486.jpg

1 minute ago, Kyatto said:

It's matx, so you can only fit so much hardware in it, but overall it looks fairly clean when assembled IMG_20191226_184638_HDR.thumb.jpg.fb33ab92765ff865df99619c34026486.jpg

ive got a very VERY massive rtx 2070 and i dont think it would fit. cool looks thou

30 minutes ago, DrSnugglz said:

i am looking for ATX Cases which offer solutions for cable management.

List the hardware you are planning to include in your build, the price range and also include components you plan to include in the future if you were to continue using the case. There are a lot of cases out there with good cable management and choosing a modular power supply also makes it easier to keep the cables tidy. If you plan to have RGB then it can get more complicated with more cables.

Fractal Design Meshify C is what I like, but it may limit the length of the GPU to 315mm minus the fan/radiators you have in front.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3950X   Motherboard: MSI X570 Gaming Edge Wifi   Case: Deepcool Maxtrexx 70   GPU: RTX 3090   RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 3x16GB 3200 MHz   PSU: Super Flower 850W

4 minutes ago, alyen said:

List the hardware you are planning to include in your build, the price range and also include components you plan to include in the future if you were to continue using the case. There are a lot of cases out there with good cable management and choosing a modular power supply also makes it easier to keep the cables tidy. If you plan to have RGB then it can get more complicated with more cables.

Fractal Design Meshify C is what I like, but it may limit the length of the GPU to 315mm minus the fan/radiators you have in front.

Roundabout 100-150 Euros/dollars would be okayish but lower would be nice. it should be able to fit a noctua cpu cooler in it. rgb would be cool. by the way i have a msi rtx 2070 and its a massive card..

8 minutes ago, alyen said:

ASUS z390 P, i7 9700k, Noctua CPU Cooler, MSI RTX 2070, an SSD and a HDD. Thats actualy all.

Actually the Fractal Meshify C looks like 315mm gpu + 25mm fan after measurring what I have in my case. Some triple fan GPUs can fit  if you only use 2 fans in the front spaced apart. Can also put one fan in the bottom if not using a HDD cage, the PSU shroud gets in the way a little. It can fit a Noctua NH D15. If the GPU can fit I would go for this case considering its airflow is quite good, but you have to replace your HDD with a SSD.

Not too many cases I can think of that have a smaller foot print than Meshify C unless you are going for a much bigger case with good airflow. Just look up pcpartpicker.com in your location and see what you like. You don't have too many components, but the components are quite bulky.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3950X   Motherboard: MSI X570 Gaming Edge Wifi   Case: Deepcool Maxtrexx 70   GPU: RTX 3090   RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 3x16GB 3200 MHz   PSU: Super Flower 850W

I'm partial to the Phanteks cases. My personal case is the P400 TG with the mesh front panel from the P400A. Fantastic case that can fit just about anything in it. I just put a 5700XT from Asus in it. Big triple fan card. I still have tons of room left over. The P400A starts at about 70 USD and tops off at about 100 USD. The P600 is also very nice. 

Current Build

AMD Ryzen 2600

Stock cooler

Asus ROG B450f gaming Mobo

1tb SKHynix m.2

WD 1TB HDD

Asus ROG Strix RX 5700xt

Thermaltake Toughpower 650w DPS RGB 80+Gold

16 Gigs ddr4 3000 gskill ram

Phantek fans

Phanteks P400TG

Laptop

Eluktronics Prometheus XVII

Ryzen 7 5800h

32 gigs ddr4 Corsair ram

Nvidia rtx 3080 max-p

17.3 qhd 165 hrz screen

1tb Samsung m.2

1tb WD black m.2

4 hours ago, Zusafek said:

I'm partial to the Phanteks cases. My personal case is the P400 TG with the mesh front panel from the P400A. Fantastic case that can fit just about anything in it. I just put a 5700XT from Asus in it. Big triple fan card. I still have tons of room left over. The P400A starts at about 70 USD and tops off at about 100 USD. The P600 is also very nice. 

The p400 has the same problem i have with mine right now. Not enough space for cables at the back for me. It will look super messy

14 minutes ago, DrSnugglz said:

The p400 has the same problem i have with mine right now. Not enough space for cables at the back for me. It will look super messy

Remember that P400 have psu shroud so you can basically hide all extra cables over there

@Whiro tag or quote will do the trick 
i5 3570K @ 4.7Ghz  |  AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Performance  |  Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz  |  ASUS Strix GTX 970 OC  |  Phanteks P400S TG  (mesh panel) |  EVGA 500W1  |  Storage: Corsair 60GB SSD (boot), Gigabyte 120GB SSD, WD 2Tb HDD | Cooling: Custom loop

EKWB EK-XRES 140 Revo D5 RGB PWM

EKWB EK Supremacy Evo , naked die

EKWB EK Thermosphere 

EKWB EK CoolStream PE 360

EKWB EK Coolstream SE 120

EKWB EK Vardar 120s  x6

EKWB EK STC Classic 10/16  x10

EKWB EK DuraClear Tubing 16/10

EKWB EK CryoFuel Acid Green

Laptop: Gigabyte G5-KC | i5 10500H | RTX 3060

WHIRO

THE FIRST OF DEATH AND DARKNESS

He feast on the dead to inherit their power

46 minutes ago, Whiro said:

Remember that P400 have psu shroud so you can basically hide all extra cables over there

The problem is that my CPU connector for elektricity is at the top end of the mainboard and considering the case i would have to let the cable go through the hole case which looks awful

20191227_112001.jpg

1 minute ago, DrSnugglz said:

The problem is that my CPU connector for elektricity is at the top end of the mainboard and considering the case i would have to let the cable go through the hole case which looks awful

Well all of the cases and mobos have cpu power cable going same way so don’t think you can avoid that. But most cases have closed panel so you can’t see it

i5 3570K @ 4.7Ghz  |  AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Performance  |  Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz  |  ASUS Strix GTX 970 OC  |  Phanteks P400S TG  (mesh panel) |  EVGA 500W1  |  Storage: Corsair 60GB SSD (boot), Gigabyte 120GB SSD, WD 2Tb HDD | Cooling: Custom loop

EKWB EK Thermosphere 

EKWB EK Vardar 120s  x6

WHIRO

1 minute ago, Whiro said:

Well all of the cases and mobos have cpu power cable going same way so don’t think you can avoid that. But most cases have closed panel so you can’t see it

What i meant is that i would lave to have some kind of opening for the cpu cable. Thats the good thing about my current case, it does have one

7 minutes ago, DrSnugglz said:

What i meant is that i would lave to have some kind of opening for the cpu cable. Thats the good thing about my current case, it does have one

Hmmm not sure if that’s what you talking about but almost all cases have cut out for the cable in here (pic) so you can route the cable on the back and just stick it through the hole. P400A/S definitely have one cos I’m using it

B22149CF-D60D-4A8D-9E54-A101A13ECF23.jpeg

EKWB EK Thermosphere 

EKWB EK Vardar 120s  x6

WHIRO

@DrSnugglz Where do you live (Country) ? If it's in Europe check if you can buy SilentiumPC's products, their Armis AR7X case would be good for you I think. It's big, has 2 glass panels, 4rgb fans, PSU shroud. 

CPU: i5-4590 | CPU Cooler: SPC Spartan LT HE922 | MOBO: ASRock H87 Fatal1ty | GPU: Gigabyte R9 280 3GB | RAM: 2x4GB Crucial Ballistix 1600Mhz | SSD: MX500 1TB | Case: SPC Armis AR7X | PSU: XFX TS550W | Custom Cables: Phanteks Extension Kit (White)

3 minutes ago, xKr1Sx said:

@DrSnugglz Where do you live (Country) ? If it's in Europe check if you can buy SilentiumPC's products, their Armis AR7X case would be good for you I think. It's big, has 2 glass panels, 4rgb fans, PSU shroud. 

Doesnt look half bad, will consider this one. But maybe we find another one?

1 hour ago, DrSnugglz said:

Doesnt look half bad, will consider this one. But maybe we find another one?

Oh and btw it has a fan controller(you can plug in up to 8fans, you can also control up to 8rgb devices from here),  3cm (1.2inch) space for cable management in the back. If you want, I can send you some photos of my build in it. I think that for the price (around 100Euros) it's a pretty good case. 

You can also check out Lian Li Lancool One(but it has only 1fan included), Corsair iCUE 465X(it has 3rgb fans and a 3fan controller). These look like good cases, but I don't know about cable management space on the back of them, you have to watch some reviews. 

CPU: i5-4590 | CPU Cooler: SPC Spartan LT HE922 | MOBO: ASRock H87 Fatal1ty | GPU: Gigabyte R9 280 3GB | RAM: 2x4GB Crucial Ballistix 1600Mhz | SSD: MX500 1TB | Case: SPC Armis AR7X | PSU: XFX TS550W | Custom Cables: Phanteks Extension Kit (White)

1 minute ago, xKr1Sx said:

Oh and btw it has a fan controller(you can plug in up to 8fans, you can also control up to 8rgb devices from here),  3cm (1.2inch) space for cable management in the back. If you want, I can send you some photos of my build in it. I think that for the price (around 100Euros) it's a pretty good case. 

You can also check out Lian Li Lancool One(but it has only 1fan included), Corsair iCUE 465X(it has 3rgb fans and a 3fan controller). These look like good cases, but I don't know about cable management space on the back of them, you have to watch some reviews. 

Please show me your build. I dont really trust lian li. Had a case from them which was insanly cheaply made. And for 100+ you could at least expext it not to break down

IMG_20191206_182348.thumb.jpg.15d7a8f71d32ce92b7391f7cae9c770b.jpg

IMG_20191207_123344.thumb.jpg.ff4a50e44660374236a6ef6cd844d0b0.jpg

IMG_20191207_002346.jpg

I apologize that it's not very clean on the back but I didn't have that much time to manage it better :P

22 minutes ago, xKr1Sx said:

I apologize that it's not very clean on the back but I didn't have that much time to manage it better :P

Nice build, I’m not the big fan of rgb but looks nice. And also I like that Fatal1ty board ?

38 minutes ago, DrSnugglz said:

Please show me your build. I dont really trust lian li. Had a case from them which was insanly cheaply made. And for 100+ you could at least expext it not to break down

Cases are very subjective tbh, all depends which look you gonna like. Some ppl love a lot of rgb and sparkles and other prefer minimalistic design. 

EKWB EK Thermosphere 

EKWB EK Vardar 120s  x6

WHIRO

15 minutes ago, Whiro said:

Nice build, I’m not the big fan of rgb but looks nice. And also I like that Fatal1ty board ?

Thank you! =D It was my first build so I didn't have as much knowledge about parts as I do now, but that Fatal1ty MoBo serves me well :) (I rebuilt my 4yo build it into this case)

9 minutes ago, xKr1Sx said:

Thank you! =D It was my first build so I didn't have as much knowledge about parts as I do now, but that Fatal1ty MoBo serves me well :) (I rebuilt my 4yo build it into this case)

I’m running Fatal1ty board as well, but Z77 so I can oc my cpu.

72DFD252-26FE-4572-9D16-D11C5B336C2D.jpeg

EKWB EK Thermosphere 

EKWB EK Vardar 120s  x6

WHIRO