Help With Wifi and Wifi Settings

Carlos Rendon
Go to solution Solved by Shahnewaz,

Ah I see. Keep everything as I said, only change the Wireless Mode back to mixed.

39 minutes ago, Shahnewaz said:

Wireless Mode: *mixed*

Channel Width: Start with 40MHz and work your way up.

Band Steering: Enabled

DCS: Enabled

Auth Mode: WPA2 only

Encrypt Mode: AES only

ATF Enable: Enabled

Hey Guys, 

New guys here :) 

I keep having a problem where my wifi keeps connecting and disconnecting. It disconnects on all devices in the home, so I know that it's not my device. 

What are the best Wifi settings for 5g and 2g? Channel? Etc..  Is it my ISP?   It's frustrating when I am working that it keeps shutting off.  

Thanks.  

-Carlos

Sounds like a router issue.

The problem is that this is an nVidia product and scoring any nVidia product a "zero" is also highly predictive of the number of nVidia products the reviewer will receive for review in the future.

On 2015-01-28 at 5:24 PM, Victorious Secret said:

Only yours, you don't shitpost on the same level that we can, mainly because this thread is finally dead and should be locked.

On 2016-06-07 at 11:25 PM, patrickjp93 said:

I wasn't wrong. It's extremely rare that I am. I provided sources as well. Different devs can disagree. Further, we now have confirmed discrepancy from Twitter about he use of the pre-release 1080 driver in AMD's demo despite the release 1080 driver having been out a week prior.

On 2016-09-10 at 4:32 PM, Hikaru12 said:

You apparently haven't seen his responses to questions on YouTube. He is very condescending and aggressive in his comments with which there is little justification. He acts totally different in his videos. I don't necessarily care for this content style and there is nothing really unique about him or his channel. His endless dick jokes and toilet humor are annoying as well.

9 minutes ago, Shahnewaz said:

Sounds like a router issue.

@Shahnewaz would you know the best fix or Wifi settings for this problem?

Just now, Carlos Rendon said:

@Shahnewaz would you know the best fix or Wifi settings for this problem?

No. I don't know what router you're using or what settings it offers you to play with.

The problem is that this is an nVidia product and scoring any nVidia product a "zero" is also highly predictive of the number of nVidia products the reviewer will receive for review in the future.

Only yours, you don't shitpost on the same level that we can, mainly because this thread is finally dead and should be locked.

I wasn't wrong. It's extremely rare that I am. I provided sources as well. Different devs can disagree. Further, we now have confirmed discrepancy from Twitter about he use of the pre-release 1080 driver in AMD's demo despite the release 1080 driver having been out a week prior.

You apparently haven't seen his responses to questions on YouTube. He is very condescending and aggressive in his comments with which there is little justification. He acts totally different in his videos. I don't necessarily care for this content style and there is nothing really unique about him or his channel. His endless dick jokes and toilet humor are annoying as well.

Just now, Shahnewaz said:

No. I don't know what router you're using or what settings it offers you to play with.

Ok,   would you like a screenshot? Would that help?

I think so. Note not every setting is posted in one page.

4 minutes ago, Shahnewaz said:

I think so. Note not every setting is posted in one page.

there you go :)

2019-12-26 14_22_41-Greenshot.jpg

2019-12-26 14_23_06-Greenshot.jpg

2019-12-26 14_23_18-Greenshot.jpg

2019-12-26 14_23_37-Greenshot.jpg

Are you only using 5GHz?

Some of these settings will change depending on how far away you are from the router.

Edited by Shahnewaz

1 minute ago, Shahnewaz said:

Are you only using 5GHz?

all the devices are on 5GHz, but 2.4GHz is available.  Same settings available. 

3 minutes ago, Shahnewaz said:

Are you only using 5GHz?

Some of these settings will change depending on how far away you are from the router.

@Shahnewaz  I am literally right next to the router and it still disconnects.

Do you need QOS?

Just now, Shahnewaz said:

Do you need QOS?

I don't what that is ? I really don't know much about networking .  

Wireless Mode: AC only

Leave the rest as-is and test.

3 minutes ago, Shahnewaz said:

Wireless Mode: AC only

Leave the rest as-is and test.

Ok, I will try it. And keep you updated. Thanks!

7 minutes ago, Carlos Rendon said:

Ok, I will try it. And keep you updated. Thanks!

@Shahnewaz   those settings I just tried and my 5g network is no longer availalbe.  now I can only access 2g .  :(

3 minutes ago, Carlos Rendon said:

@Shahnewaz   those settings I just tried and my 5g network is no longer availalbe.  now I can only access 2g .  :(

No longer available to what? Your devices don't support 5GHz AC?

2 minutes ago, Shahnewaz said:

No longer available to what? Your devices don't support 5GHz AC?

as sooon as I did that my phone and laptop got disconnected to the 5G .    

I a iPhone XR  and Dell XPS 15 9570

And the other devices?

Your laptop's WIFI Card is probably set to prefer 2.4GHz, or it's too far away to reliably use 5GHz.

See if you can reconnect them.

Edited by Shahnewaz

8 minutes ago, Shahnewaz said:

And the other devices?

Your laptop's WIFI Card is probably set to prefer 2.4GHz, or it's too far away to reliably use 5GHz.

See if you can reconnect them.

`Same thing ... I put the settings you mentioned above.  Cannot connect 5G on any devices at home.  the 5G is not visible in wifi settings .  Currently using my 2.4G

What are the drop-down options for Wireless Mode?

Try DCS disabled then Band Steering disabled.

1 minute ago, Shahnewaz said:

What are the drop-down options for Wireless Mode?

Try DCS disabled then Band Steering disabled.

5g is back online with these settings  image.thumb.png.3f6fd67e2ca9d204928b73d6aa0a2a6b.png

Ah I see. Keep everything as I said, only change the Wireless Mode back to mixed.

39 minutes ago, Shahnewaz said:

Wireless Mode: *mixed*

Just now, Carlos Rendon said:

5g is back online with these settings  image.thumb.png.3f6fd67e2ca9d204928b73d6aa0a2a6b.png

@Shahnewaz OH AND I MUST SAY the disconnecting and  reconnecting issue is only happening with the 5g not the 2.4  (at least for right now ....)

2 minutes ago, Shahnewaz said:

It wasnt working with the mixed 802.11 a/n/ac mixed ....  should I try  .... a/n  mixed?? 

No leave it all mixed. I forgot not running mixed mode disables AC support.

The rest, change them as I've said.