Problem with my new build

Mchedlo

Hello mates! Finished my new build recently and started having problems with my ssd. Pc was working great... suddenly blue screen and it turned off... couldn't boot it up. I went to bios and it didnt detect my ssd (i have windows on it) but my HDD is detected. I disconnected and reconnected my sata cables and it boot up properly. But still problem continues. Works for some hours and then turns off. Its not very practical to open pc case all the time and reconnect cables. Is this hardware issue or software related? I hope i was clear with my English 

List your specs, and add as much detail as possible regarding the issue.

The problem is that this is an nVidia product and scoring any nVidia product a "zero" is also highly predictive of the number of nVidia products the reviewer will receive for review in the future.

On 2015-01-28 at 5:24 PM, Victorious Secret said:

Only yours, you don't shitpost on the same level that we can, mainly because this thread is finally dead and should be locked.

On 2016-06-07 at 11:25 PM, patrickjp93 said:

I wasn't wrong. It's extremely rare that I am. I provided sources as well. Different devs can disagree. Further, we now have confirmed discrepancy from Twitter about he use of the pre-release 1080 driver in AMD's demo despite the release 1080 driver having been out a week prior.

On 2016-09-10 at 4:32 PM, Hikaru12 said:

You apparently haven't seen his responses to questions on YouTube. He is very condescending and aggressive in his comments with which there is little justification. He acts totally different in his videos. I don't necessarily care for this content style and there is nothing really unique about him or his channel. His endless dick jokes and toilet humor are annoying as well.

Just now, Shahnewaz said:

List your specs, and add as much detail as possible regarding the issue.

Mobo: ASrock B365M-Pro4 

Cpu: i5 9600k (not overclocking)

Cooler: hyper evo 212

Ram: g.skill ripjaws 16gb 2666mhz

Psu: corsair 550rmx 80+ gold

Gpu: rtx 2060 super

Ssd: samsung 860 evo

My ssd doesnt show up in bios after windows crashes. But if i leave pc off for some time it will boot up. Other way is to unplug sata cable and plug it back in.. but pc doesnt handle to be powered on more than 2 hours :/

Do you have any loose PSU cables?

The problem is that this is an nVidia product and scoring any nVidia product a "zero" is also highly predictive of the number of nVidia products the reviewer will receive for review in the future.

Only yours, you don't shitpost on the same level that we can, mainly because this thread is finally dead and should be locked.

I wasn't wrong. It's extremely rare that I am. I provided sources as well. Different devs can disagree. Further, we now have confirmed discrepancy from Twitter about he use of the pre-release 1080 driver in AMD's demo despite the release 1080 driver having been out a week prior.

You apparently haven't seen his responses to questions on YouTube. He is very condescending and aggressive in his comments with which there is little justification. He acts totally different in his videos. I don't necessarily care for this content style and there is nothing really unique about him or his channel. His endless dick jokes and toilet humor are annoying as well.

1 minute ago, Shahnewaz said:

Do you have any loose PSU cables?

No. Checked them

If it was your SSD then you'd get a system freeze whenever it "disconnects". But the PC turning off completely sounds like you are tripping a PSU protection mechanism.

Are all the parts new?

1 minute ago, Shahnewaz said:

If it was your SSD then you'd get a system freeze whenever it "disconnects". But the PC turning off completely sounds like you are tripping a PSU protection mechanism.

Are all the parts new?

Its brand new pc. Everything is new. It gives me ":(" smiley and i cant read its so fast. Well i bought new psu AC cord because original is for 110v (bought jt from amazon). Can it be a problem or is it software related? I have heard that installing windows while ssd and hdd are plugged in isnt good idea.. Dunno

Just now, Mchedlo said:

I have heard that installing windows while ssd and hdd are plugged in isnt good idea.. Dunno

Don't listen to that person.

1 minute ago, Mchedlo said:

Its brand new pc. Everything is new. It gives me ":(" smiley and i cant read its so fast. Well i bought new psu AC cord because original is for 110v (bought jt from amazon). Can it be a problem or is it software related?

That's a BSOD which can point to anything. I'd recommend using a BSOD/Blue Screen viewer to see what the error message is.

Something like this will work: https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html

33 minutes ago, Mchedlo said:

Hello mates! Finished my new build recently and started having problems with my ssd. Pc was working great... suddenly blue screen and it turned off... couldn't boot it up. I went to bios and it didnt detect my ssd (i have windows on it) but my HDD is detected. I disconnected and reconnected my sata cables and it boot up properly. But still problem continues. Works for some hours and then turns off. Its not very practical to open pc case all the time and reconnect cables. Is this hardware issue or software related? I hope i was clear with my English 

Does it happen under a high load or just idling? Any particular programs that you are using consistently when you get the BSOD or is it random?

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

7 hours ago, Voluspa said:

Does it happen under a high load or just idling? Any particular programs that you are using consistently when you get the BSOD or is it random?

More like random. First it was while watching YouTube. Second time was while downloading a game via steam. Last time it was just idling... yesterday it couldn't boot up so i left it like that. Today in the morning it boot up like nothing happened ( i didnt replug anything). Mby an overheat issue or what??

7 hours ago, Keith W said:

Is your SSD a clone of another HD? Or is it a fresh install of windows?

When you set up your SSD and installed windows was it already in AHCI mode or did you change that afterwards?

Its a fresh install. Everything was built via scratch. Idk what AHCI mode is to be honest. I just plugged everything in and installed windows on ssd

7 hours ago, Keith W said:

No need to install extra software that may muddy the waters.....

To turn off automatic reboot after blue screen in win 10 do the following.

1. Open search and type CMD

2. Select command prompt and run as administrator

3. Enter the command below into the elevated command prompt, and press enter

wmic RecoverOS set AutoReboot = False

This will stop your system from automatically restarting after a blue screen and give you the chance the read the message and any error codes it gives.

I will try that after i get back from work :)

Just a thought, where is your ssd mounted?  It could be overheating. It's happened to Linus. He even has a video on it. Mind you, it was a Team Force ssd with rgb on it. But it is possible to overheat an SSD.

Current Build

AMD Ryzen 2600

Stock cooler

Asus ROG B450f gaming Mobo

1tb SKHynix m.2

WD 1TB HDD

Asus ROG Strix RX 5700xt

Thermaltake Toughpower 650w DPS RGB 80+Gold

16 Gigs ddr4 3000 gskill ram

Phantek fans

Phanteks P400TG

Laptop

Eluktronics Prometheus XVII

Ryzen 7 5800h

32 gigs ddr4 Corsair ram

Nvidia rtx 3080 max-p

17.3 qhd 165 hrz screen

1tb Samsung m.2

1tb WD black m.2

1. Yup, as Zusafek stated check where your SSD is mounted, if you can, run the system with the case open, feel the temp on the SSD (its not supposed to be hot). 
2. Check your RAM using Windows Memory Diagnostic tool = Windows + R then mdsched.exe.   
3. Try to run without XMP turned On.
4. Usually if it can detect the SSD then can't, it might be related to BIOS, is your BIOS the latest version?

5. If I'm not mistaken Samsung has their own SSD Health Check.  Try to check its health. There is a probability you got a bad SSD.

6. You might as well try to reinstall your Windows (might be corrupt somehow).

37 minutes ago, Zusafek said:

Just a thought, where is your ssd mounted?  It could be overheating. It's happened to Linus. He even has a video on it. Mind you, it was a Team Force ssd with rgb on it. But it is possible to overheat an SSD.

Its mounted under hdd bracket.  I will check ? 

3 minutes ago, Ecridium said:

1. Yup, as Zusafek stated check where your SSD is mounted, if you can, run the system with the case open, feel the temp on the SSD (its not supposed to be hot). 
2. Check your RAM using Windows Memory Diagnostic tool = Windows + R then mdsched.exe.   
3. Try to run without XMP turned On.
4. Usually if it can detect the SSD then can't, it might be related to BIOS, is your BIOS the latest version?

5. If I'm not mistaken Samsung has their own SSD Health Check.  Try to check its health. There is a probability you got a bad SSD.

6. You might as well try to reinstall your Windows (might be corrupt somehow).

Good idea, i will check if its hot. It shouldn't get even warm? My xmp is off at this moment. Bios is stock version. I dont want to mess up anything with bios update  to be honest. I will also check ssd health and i was thinking of connecting separet psu cable to it. Can this be the case? Hdd and ssd are plugged in with 1 cable ( but since it has 3 plugs on 1 cable i think its meant to be for it)

It should not matter that HDD and SSD are plugged in with 1 cable, but you may try.  Try to connect the nearest power cable to the PSU to the SSD first.  

As far as I know, SSD might get warm, but never hot.  My SSD is usually on around 40C.

Try to update your BIOS with the latest version.  https://www.asrock.com/MB/Intel/B365M Pro4/index.asp#BIOS

20 minutes ago, Ecridium said:

It should not matter that HDD and SSD are plugged in with 1 cable, but you may try.  Try to connect the nearest power cable to the PSU to the SSD first.  

As far as I know, SSD might get warm, but never hot.  My SSD is usually on around 40C.

Try to update your BIOS with the latest version.  https://www.asrock.com/MB/Intel/B365M Pro4/index.asp#BIOS

I have never uodated bios in my life. Do i need flash usb stick for it? Or just download and it will install itself?

1 minute ago, Mchedlo said:

I have never uodated bios in my life. Do i need flash usb stick for it? Or just download and it will install itself?

Use a usb stick, format as FAT 32 (Never tried with other FS) and save the bios file (unzipped) on the root.  Reboot and then go to BIOS.  There will be some tab to update your BIOS.  It will search for your USB Stick.  Just make sure the power is stable while you are doing it.

There is usually a readme on the BIOS update download, read it carefully and follow the steps.

2 minutes ago, Ecridium said:

Use a usb stick, format as FAT 32 (Never tried with other FS) and save the bios file (unzipped) on the root.  Reboot and then go to BIOS.  There will be some tab to update your BIOS.  It will search for your USB Stick.  Just make sure the power is stable while you are doing it.

There is usually a readme on the BIOS update download, read it carefully and follow the steps.

Will do. Thank you. I will update my info in the evening

On 12/28/2019 at 1:21 AM, Keith W said:

Don't go messing with your BIOS, especially so if you are not sure what you are doing.

For now just stop the automatic reboots after the blue screen, as per the instructions I posted earlier.

Then when it blue screens again post what it say's here, this will maybe give us a better understanding of what the problem might be.

I think i fixed the problem.  My pc was on for like 6h yesterday or more. Even played intensive games on it.

I did a lot of stuff at once so i dont know what fixed the issue.

What i did: switched sata cables between HDD and SSD. Individually plugged SSD ans HDD with PSU cables. Updated the firmware of ssd. Updated chipset of the motherboard. Installed intel rapid storage technology. Downloaded samsung ssd program and scanned ssd for errors.

I dont know what helped because i did them all at once :)

I will turn on XMP profile now

On 12/29/2019 at 2:43 PM, Keith W said:

Glad to hear things now appear to be fixed.

Enjoy your system!

Thank you ?