Admins

Leader-of-hungary

So I have 1 local user account on my pc and in the process I might have hit standard user and not kept my local user as an admin. Is there any way I can revert this.

You cant do that with W10 so I assume you are talking about W7?

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

9 minutes ago, Levent said:

You cant do that with W10 so I assume you are talking about W7?

Nope w10

51 minutes ago, Founders said:

You can try this if it still works (Option 1 only, don't try 2). 

I tried option 1 and now I can’t even get back into my pc.

So I’ve had some problems recently where after trying to change my local user name. I went through all of the steps to change my user name. Then as I found out my account wasn’t an admin. I don’t recall changing it. In one of my old posts I tried to find a way to change it back to an admin and that was to go in through safe mode I did and now I can’t even get in to my local account. I’ve tried and tried again to hopefully fix it but nothing’s worked. Can anyone help?

image.jpg

9 hours ago, Leader-of-hungary said:

I’m not even able to get into my pc so how can I download it and I’m windows 10 it’s all in Xp.

It assumes you can get the boot cd/usb done on another machine, then plug it into the affected machine. 

The built in administrator account is disabled by default in Windows 10. You can enable it in Recovery Mode.

Start up your computer normally until it's at the Sign in screen. 

Hold the Shift Key and click the Power button and Restart (while continuing to hold shift)

Recovery menu should come up > Click Troubleshoot > Click Advanced Options > Click Command Prompt

Type in the cmd window

net user Administrator /active:yes 

Type exit and continue to a normal reboot. 

You should be able to login as Administrator then and modify your account as needed. 

If you cant then reboot into the recovery mode and go Troubleshoot > Advanced Options > Startup Setting > Restart 

Then on the boot option menu select Safe Mode with Networking, and modify/fix your account in Safe mode. 

Spoiler

Desktop: Ryzen9 5950X | ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (Wifi) | EVGA RTX 3080Ti FTW3 | 32GB (2x16GB) Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB Pro 3600Mhz | EKWB EK-AIO 360D-RGB | EKWB EK-Vardar RGB Fans | 1TB Samsung 980 Pro, 4TB Samsung 980 Pro | Corsair 5000D Airflow | Corsair HX850 Platinum PSU | Asus ROG 42" OLED PG42UQ + LG 32" 32GK850G Monitor | Roccat Vulcan TKL Pro Keyboard | Logitech G Pro X Superlight  | MicroLab Solo 7C Speakers | Audio-Technica ATH-M50xBT2 LE Headphones | TC-Helicon GoXLR | Audio-Technica AT2035 | LTT Desk Mat | XBOX-X Controller | Windows 11 Pro

Spoiler

Server: Fractal Design Define R6 | Ryzen 3950x | ASRock X570 Taichi | EVGA GTX1070 FTW | 64GB (4x16GB) Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000Mhz | Corsair RM850v2 PSU | Fractal S36 Triple AIO + 4 Additional Venturi 120mm Fans | 14 x 20TB Seagate Exos X22 20TB | 500GB Aorus Gen4 NVMe | 2 x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus NVMe | LSI 9211-8i HBA

*** Threads merged ***

Please don't post multiple times about same subject.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

On 12/27/2019 at 12:49 AM, Jarsky said:

It assumes you can get the boot cd/usb done on another machine, then plug it into the affected machine. 

The built in administrator account is disabled by default in Windows 10. You can enable it in Recovery Mode.

Hold the Shift Key and click the Power button and Restart (while continuing to hold shift)

Recovery menu should come up > Click Troubleshoot > Click Advanced Options > Click Command Prompt

Type in the cmd window

You should be able to login as Administrator then and modify your account as needed. 

If you cant then reboot into the recovery mode and go Troubleshoot > Advanced Options > Startup Setting > Restart 

Then on the boot option menu select Safe Mode with Networking, and modify/fix your account in Safe mode. 

Ok I’ve got all that can you run me through the steps to change it as I don’t want to screw anything else up.

9 hours ago, Leader-of-hungary said:

Ok I’ve got all that can you run me through the steps to change it as I don’t want to screw anything else up.

On 12/27/2019 at 12:49 AM, Jarsky said:

Type in the cmd window

I also don’t have the admin password so I can’t do that.