my Sabertooth re-boot

sLaDe@FFTV

Hi there peeps, new to these forums but thought I would throw up this "re-do" of my current rig, I set this rig up a few months ago after selling my x79 build due to continued problems and frustration, they are a hell of a platform to build off and even though in many ways going to a z77 seemed like a downgrade it has proved a much more stable build.

I first built this rig into a Corsair Vengeance C70 mid tower (army green), with a kind of stealthed military kind of theme and 2 7970's, almost everything on the inside of the case was black with a few hints of red (corsair fan bezels, etc) and it served its purpose for being kind of a "in between builds" rig with not much care given to cable management or layout. the update saw the installation of a gtx780 and a H100i

anyway, the time came to at least get it looking good as I waited to see what my next build would be, and this was the result..... I used white braiding wherever possible and painted the heat spreaders on the dominator gt's white. looks alright.

specs as it stands now, subject to inevitable changes over time as I get bored with my computers real easy :)

• CPU
    core i7 3770K @ 4.2GHz
  • Motherboard
    ASUS Sabertooth Z77
  • RAM
    Corsair Dominator GT 16GB 2133MHz
  • GPU
    Reference Nvidia GTX780
  • Case
    Fractal Define R4 White
  • Storage
    3 x 3TB WD black / 1 x Intel 530 240GB SSD
  • PSU
    Corsair AX850
  • Display(s)
    Dell UltraSharp 2560x1440p
  • Cooling
    Corsair H100i
  • Keyboard
    Leopold cherryMX brown ten keyless
  • Mouse
    Tt black element
  • Sound
    ASUS Xonar Phoebus and Corsair SP2500 2.1

This is how she looked before the re-boot

3793a7c1-2baa-4f54-9468-23628c99e7ce_zps

The standard parts pic (out of focus, sorry) :P

20g1lp4.jpg

This is how she looks now (RGB Lighting x 2 so you can mix colour fades)

fazvhi.jpg

6eb25b59-eadf-4b08-9c4c-550262f1d4c0_zps

b7a4c15c-98e7-4de4-8516-8f98756a9cd0_zps

I felt so sorry for the hardware on the first picture. I'm glad you fixed it up! Looks a lot cleaner now too :D

#LinusKitchenTips /// "Better than useless" - Linus Sebastian

LTT Holy bible: Code Of Conduct

Project Toaster [My Silver NCASE M1 V2 Build-log] 

Main Rig
 Case: Fractal Design Define R5 CPU: INTEL 
i5 3570k Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: Maximus V Gene Z77 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming (w/ 0% fan mode) RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 2x8GB 1600mHz Storage: OCZ VERTEX 4 256GB PSU: Corsair AX860 Monitor: ASUS PB278Q 1440p 27" Headphones: QPAD QH-90 Laptop
Macbook Pro Retina 13" i5 256Gb Early 2015
Phone
Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone Black

Thanks folks! appreciate the kind words, great crowd up in here :P

been trying to hunt down the pics of the x79 build for scope, wont go into detail here as its worth its own thread and also, ya' know, does not exist anymore. Anyway, the only pic I can find is this.. it was quite the beast and yes, I miss the 800d :(

DSC00529_zps5d31d08c.jpg