Single Monitor - Multiple displays

Majorpayne

Hello all, 

I hope that the title did not confuse anyone. I need some help. I think i remember a video where linus had multiple PC's hooked up to a single monitor and each of them owned a portion of the screen. My issue is that I'm a gamer and I currently run 144hz but I also work from home. I'm currently using 2 monitor I'd like to drop down to a single monitor and when I'm at home I can have my right side of the screen be my personal PC and the Left side of the screen be my laptop hooked up via a dock. anyone guide me?

It was a feature of the specific monitor being used

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

4 minutes ago, Majorpayne said:

Hello all, 

I hope that the title did not confuse anyone. I need some help. I think i remember a video where linus had multiple PC's hooked up to a single monitor and each of them owned a portion of the screen. My issue is that I'm a gamer and I currently run 144hz but I also work from home. I'm currently using 2 monitor I'd like to drop down to a single monitor and when I'm at home I can have my right side of the screen be my personal PC and the Left side of the screen be my laptop hooked up via a dock. anyone guide me?

Can't be done through software if that's what you're asking but there are boxes that split the signal like that, what Linus had was implemented into the monitor itself.

Here's an example:
https://www.amazon.com/Multi-Viewer-Switcher-Seamless-Support-Security/dp/B07H5TF6X2

No clue if you can find any cheaper or if this is good and I also don't know if this introduces latency, something to keep in mind

Quote or Tag people so they know that you've replied.