Need help deciding which laptop to buy, specific

Hey, so I'm new to the "gaming laptop" thing and i needed help deciding which to buy.

I currently own an old Surface 3 and I mainly game on my (also old) Xbox One. I was going to upgrade to something like a Surface Laptop 3 or a Dell XPS 13 but then I realised it would be better to have a computer that is able to do both things for me since I don't usually carry it around a lot since I prefer taking notes on paper when I'm at university. 

My budget is 1000usd but if something is pretty damn good for 1100 I'll go for it. I need the computer to have an i5 and 8GB of RAM minimum, as for a graphics card i have no idea.

I dont usually game a lot but the games I do like are pretty intensive such as Cities Skylines and Transport Fever 2, among others. I don't care that much about refreshrate but a solid construction is appreciated, no OTT looks (i.e. red lighting or insane gaming design) and I'm willing to give up a bit of cooling over thinness. 

I have been looking around and the Acer Predator Helios 300 2019 looks pretty solid, but so far i haven't seen anything that comes close. Any info on that one would be greatly appreciated and any other suggestions as well

Are you from US? Preferred max weight and min battery life?

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

1 minute ago, genexis_x said:

Are you from US? Preferred max weight and min battery life?

not from the US but I have a family member living there and they can bring it to me on april. Max weight could be around 3kg and as for battery life I don't really care since I'll be able to plug in basically anytime I need.

7 minutes ago, Raian said:

on april

So could you wait or you want to buy now?

For $1100 Helios 300 isn't worth it since it's always on sale

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128