i think my 5700XT is overheating

angryx
On 12/24/2019 at 2:27 AM, greedyJoo said:

junction temp reach 70C when idle lol, i'm returning this card

ya good idea, i have way lower model PowerColor and it only reaches 70c, 75C under actual load 

your card is a bad time sad time, no good for society, time for organ donation 

5 hours ago, RainingTacco said:

As i said, what's your memory clock at idle?

I have never had it not run at stock speeds (875MHz) as a minimum, even when on PCIe 3.0.

Im not talking about any modding, or external controllers, any downvolting and nonstock interference.

So you think pushing a card to the extreme limits of functionality can't provide accurate extreme limits results at least on-par with results found by not pushing the limits? This was done with a significant overclock on everything. (including the RAM which went up to 900MHz)

There are many people reporting 50-60 degrees at idle with 144hz monitors and memory running at full speed in idle. 

And they should RMA their cards as well. The thermal pads used are very susceptible to damage, and manufacturing processes exclusively from the 3rd party companies is subject to flaws.

5 hours ago, Whiro said:

But are you ?% sure it runs 144Hz ?? ? 

Well, maybe that's the horizontal frequency, and I'm only running at 0.01Hz vertical... ?

CPURyzen 7 5800X Cooler: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 120mm AIO with push-pull Arctic P12 PWM fans RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 4x8GB 3600 16-16-16-30

MotherboardASRock X570M Pro4 GPUASRock RX 5700 XT Reference with Eiswolf GPX-Pro 240 AIO Case: Antec P5 PSU: Rosewill Capstone 750M

Monitor: ASUS ROG Strix XG32VC Case Fans: 2x Arctic P12 PWM Storage: HP EX950 1TB NVMe, Mushkin Pilot-E 1TB NVMe, 2x Constellation ES 2TB in RAID1

https://hwbot.org/submission/4497882_btgbullseye_gpupi_v3.3___32b_radeon_rx_5700_xt_13min_37sec_848ms

3 hours ago, BTGbullseye said:

I have never had it not run at stock speeds (875MHz) as a minimum, even when on PCIe 3.0.

So you think pushing a card to the extreme limits of functionality can't provide accurate extreme limits results at least on-par with results found by not pushing the limits? This was done with a significant overclock on everything. (including the RAM which went up to 900MHz)

And they should RMA their cards as well. The thermal pads used are very susceptible to damage, and manufacturing processes exclusively from the 3rd party companies is subject to flaws.

Well, maybe that's the horizontal frequency, and I'm only running at 0.01Hz vertical... ?

Here's the card idle temp

Here are other cards

https://www.techpowerup.com/review/sapphire-radeon-rx-5700-xt-nitro-special-edition/32.html

Yes 50-55 degree celcius is not uncommon. And that's for open bench, in pc case the temps will be a little higher. 

As i said reference cards have lower idle temp just because they have fan turned on. Other than that, reference model sucks big time. 

EOT.

15 hours ago, RainingTacco said:

Yes 50-55 degree celcius is not uncommon.

I never said it wasn't common. That's still close to half the temps reported.

And that's for open bench, in pc case the temps will be a little higher. 

And yet I have a different experience, inside a lower airflow case as well.

As i said reference cards have lower idle temp just because they have fan turned on.

As I said, not when I ran mine on an external controller to see what a fan off situation would give for the reference cooler.

EOT.

Not if the OP (who isn't you) decides they need help again in relation to this thread.

CPURyzen 7 5800X Cooler: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 120mm AIO with push-pull Arctic P12 PWM fans RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 4x8GB 3600 16-16-16-30

MotherboardASRock X570M Pro4 GPUASRock RX 5700 XT Reference with Eiswolf GPX-Pro 240 AIO Case: Antec P5 PSU: Rosewill Capstone 750M

Monitor: ASUS ROG Strix XG32VC Case Fans: 2x Arctic P12 PWM Storage: HP EX950 1TB NVMe, Mushkin Pilot-E 1TB NVMe, 2x Constellation ES 2TB in RAID1

https://hwbot.org/submission/4497882_btgbullseye_gpupi_v3.3___32b_radeon_rx_5700_xt_13min_37sec_848ms

is there 5700xt cards without the 0db feature? 

i'm worried about the card reaching 50c when idle

11 minutes ago, greedyJoo said:

is there 5700xt cards without the 0db feature? 

i'm worried about the card reaching 50c when idle

You can just set a custom fan curve in the Radeon Settings program that comes with the driver. Takes less than 5 minutes, and can have it do whatever you want.