PC will only boot on second attempt

For the last few days, my pc has not been able to boot on its first attempt. Every time I attempt to boot it, it turns off then properly boots. This issue does not happen on restarts or waking up from sleep mode. The issue only started to happen a few days ago. One idea I have is that I might have accidentally misclicked on my omen command centre and overclocked my (locked) cpu. The GPU and cpu are now both on stock clock speeds, memory speeds and voltages. Any help is appreciated thanks.

My specs are:
GTX 1080ti
i9 7920X
32 GB of DDR4 ram
1tb hdd
500 GB m.2 ssd

(Pre built omen desktop so no idea about mb and psu)

17 minutes ago, TheRealSomeone1 said:

For the last few days, my pc has not been able to boot on its first attempt. Every time I attempt to boot it, it turns off then properly boots. This issue does not happen on restarts or waking up from sleep mode. The issue only started to happen a few days ago. One idea I have is that I might have accidentally misclicked on my omen command centre and overclocked my (locked) cpu. The GPU and cpu are now both on stock clock speeds, memory speeds and voltages. Any help is appreciated thanks.

My specs are:
GTX 1080ti
i9 7920X
32 GB of DDR4 ram
1tb hdd
500 GB m.2 ssd

(Pre built omen desktop so no idea about mb and psu)

The old school traditional reason for that one is it’s having trouble booting to dual channel ram and reboots into single channel.  Which means there’s some kind of problem with ram. Whether that is what is happening now though I have no idea.

There is an implication as well that some setting or other is messed up and it’s loaded where it fails and the computer reverts to some base which works.  A reset would keep the standard but a cold boot would read the bad one and have to revert.  Maybe.  Just a thought.  Dunno if it’s any good or not.

Edited by Bombastinator
Addendum

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

4 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

The old school traditional reason for that one is it’s having trouble booting to dual channel ram and reboots into single channel.  Which means there’s some kind of problem with ram. Whether that is what is happening now though I have no idea.

For whatever reason my mother board isn't capable of dual channel ram, I have the 2 sticks in the 1st and 3rd slot. Anyways, the problem only started to happen a few days ago and I have been using this pc for around 4 months.

2 minutes ago, TheRealSomeone1 said:

For whatever reason my mother board isn't capable of dual channel ram, I have the 2 sticks in the 1st and 3rd slot. Anyways, the problem only started to happen a few days ago and I have been using this pc for around 4 months.

Gah.  Prebuilts.  Well there is the settings thing. It’s not particularly strong, and I don’t know which it would be if it was even what is going on :/

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

4 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Gah.  Prebuilts.  Well there is the settings thing. It’s not particularly strong, and I don’t know which it would be if it was even what is going on :/

Rip