Corsair h60 pump to fancontroller :s?

Hey guys.

The reason why I'm making this topic is because I'm getting the Corsair h60, and I might have a problem or 2.

Nr. 1 I can't seem to change the voltage of any system fanheaders in my BIOS ( I have an Intel DP67DE MOBO )

Or can I just plug the pump into the CPU fanheader and therefore it will automaticly adjust the voltage to what the pump needs, or secondly, I have the Define r4 with a built-in fancontroller which has 3 different voltage levels, 3, 7, 12V.

Could I in theory just plug the pump into the fancontroller, and just have the level set to 12V constantly? Or does the controller not support the wattage that the pump generates?

And if I'll be able to plug the pump into the controller, then I need to plug in the included fan into the CPU fanheader?

I've read that the pump needs 12V to operate 100%, so I really don't know what to do o0

It would be very nice of you guys to give me a little answer :3

( I apoligize if my topic seems kinda confusing, I've researched and researched, but I haven't been able to find any solusions, so that's why I'm asking you guys :P So please bear with me on this one >.<)

Regards,

Eladarian.

I would just use a fan power to molex and run it at full speed. If tou have a adapter where it has a yellow break off cable to report fan speed that would be even better because you mb could alarm you if it died or dropped speed

I would just use a fan power to molex and run it at full speed. If tou have a adapter where it has a yellow break off cable to report fan speed that would be even better because you mb could alarm you if it died or dropped speed

I just went through my cables I had in my randombox, and I found this, could this be the adapter you're talking about?

http://prntscr.com/2r7zem

I just went through my cables I had in my randombox, and I found this, could this be the adapter you're talking about?

http://prntscr.com/2r7zem

Well yes that is a molex but you nned a adapter that adapts that to a fan power plug, they usually come with many after market fans.

Hey guys. I've read that the pump needs 12V to operate 100%, so I really don't know what to do o0

there is no need in regulating the pump speed on the corsair AIO kits. especially

the single radiator kits. the fans yes, pump speed, no. all that will happen is the

temperatures will go up. and most peeps with H60 complaint is noisy fans and

warm temperatures.

there is no need in regulating the pump speed on the corsair AIO kits. especially

the single radiator kits. the fans yes, pump speed, no. all that will happen is the

temperatures will go up. and most peeps with H60 complaint is noisy fans and

warm temperatures.

original H60 pump is deafening

it is defective

I know but its common I really need to contact corsair about that. What the warranty I hope its not just one year...

@airdeano I check newegg and it said 5 years but I didnt believe it since that seemed quite long but its the same on the corsair website. So, I guess time to RMA.

I know but its common I really need to contact corsair about that. What the warranty I hope its not just one year...

should be the 5-year warranty for all hydro-series kits

should be the 5-year warranty for all hydro-series kits

I find that amazing that they are willing to warranty it that long.

I find that amazing that they are willing to warranty it that long.

depends on what the branding decides on what parts to use and price point to be profitable for that 5-years.

get a bad part and all the profitability goes away. so they try to seek out those parts. hence the H60 rebrand.

depends on what the branding decides on what parts to use and price point to be profitable for that 5-years.

get a bad part and all the profitability goes away. so they try to seek out those parts. hence the H60 rebrand.

Yep also im actually quite surprised how well the H60 cools. Once its not noisy itll get higher marks though ;)

I have an H90 (which imo SHOULD be used in the R4 since it supports it) and I have the pump plugged into the controller and all fans into a Recon controller.

I believe at 12V the pump moves at 1600rpm and at 7V it moves around 900. At 12V it grinds horribly and at 7V it is silent, and temps are pretty much the same (30°idle/60°load) as long as the coolant is circulating, so guess which one I use? ;)

Damn.

Thanks for all the response guys.

Today when I installed the h60, and let's just say that there was a little bit of mess going on...

So what happen was: When I was about to install the pump, I didn't notice that one of the tubes wasn't completely all the way on, so as I was stretching the tubes so that I could properly install it into the CPU, the tube popped off and all the liquid got out in my case.... Good lord was a bloody mess.... Now I'll have to send it back to Corsair :c Everything else went according to plan, but that tube though.... :/

So, I think I'll just stick to aircooling, I'm pretty scared of trying again :/

Damn.

Thanks for all the response guys.

Today when I installed the h60, and let's just say that there was a little bit of mess going on...

So what happen was: When I was about to install the pump, I didn't notice that one of the tubes wasn't completely all the way on, so as I was stretching the tubes so that I could properly install it into the CPU, the tube popped off and all the liquid got out in my case.... Good lord was a bloody mess.... Now I'll have to send it back to Corsair :c Everything else went according to plan, but that tube though.... :/

So, I think I'll just stick to aircooling, I'm pretty scared of trying again :/

How did you manage that with a AIO?