Destiny 2 performance with a RTX 2070 Super

TouchOfThorn

Im building a new pc with an i7-9700k with a 2070 super, I’m wondering if anybody that has those specs that plays Destiny 2 can let me know what kind of performance you can expect from it

8 minutes ago, BulletSingularity said:

Im building a new pc with an i7-9700k with a 2070 super, I’m wondering if anybody that has those specs that plays Destiny 2 can let me know what kind of performance you can expect from it

I have an 8350 with a 2gb 960. I get like 80fps. The game is stupid well optimized and plays like butter.

#Muricaparrotgang

3 minutes ago, JZStudios said:

I have an 8350 with a 2gb 960. I get like 80fps. The game is stupid well optimized and plays like butter.

Yeah I’ve been playing on a laptop and not getting great performance but it sounds like I’ll be getting some pretty great performance, maybe even enough to fill out my 144hz monitor
Thanks for the info!

I play Destiny 2 almost daily with my 2070 Super + Ryzen 7 3700X at 1440P Max settings, No AA, 130% resolution scale (which is implicitly AA and sharpening textures). Performance is anywhere between 80-120 fps depending on how chaotic the scene is. For example, if you're running the Altar of Sorrows event on the moon, the game throws several dozen Hive adds at a time. The chaos of the enemies and Guardian supers firing off can slow things down, but you're probably not going to see anything below 60 fps. 

If you go with 1440P, Max settings, FXAA or SMAA, you'll probably be closer to 120-140+ fps on average, but I personally prefer trading some performance for the 30% bump in resolution scale. 

That should handle destiny 2 easily! Tho im having problems with fps. I got an ryzen 3 2200g and a rx 480 4gb and ive locked my fps at 60, which its pretty good at giving, but in some areas or it droppes to like 40-50 without any reason. So im quite suprised u can get 80fps with a 960 and a 8350.

1 hour ago, SPARTAN VI said:

I play Destiny 2 almost daily with my 2070 Super + Ryzen 7 3700X at 1440P Max settings, No AA, 130% resolution scale (which is implicitly AA and sharpening textures). Performance is anywhere between 80-120 fps depending on how chaotic the scene is. For example, if you're running the Altar of Sorrows event on the moon, the game throws several dozen Hive adds at a time. The chaos of the enemies and Guardian supers firing off can slow things down, but you're probably not going to see anything below 60 fps. 

If you go with 1440P, Max settings, FXAA or SMAA, you'll probably be closer to 120-140+ fps on average, but I personally prefer trading some performance for the 30% bump in resolution scale. 

Thanks for the feedback, I only have a 1080p monitor so I should be able to get that full 144hz on my monitor (and I don’t absolutely need max settings either, mostly because I’m a PVP player)

1 hour ago, DankDeuxez said:

That should handle destiny 2 easily! Tho im having problems with fps. I got an ryzen 3 2200g and a rx 480 4gb and ive locked my fps at 60, which its pretty good at giving, but in some areas or it droppes to like 40-50 without any reason. So im quite suprised u can get 80fps with a 960 and a 8350.

I have a lot of settings to low/medium at 1080. Honestly high and low in this game look pretty similar.

Personally, I HATE ambient occlusion and it takes a lot of framerate, so it's always the first thing I kill. Then shadows, I just don't super care about ultra crisp shadows so I keep them low. The textures are typically far enough away that medium works fine. etc...

#Muricaparrotgang

5 hours ago, TouchOfThorn said:

Thanks for the feedback, I only have a 1080p monitor so I should be able to get that full 144hz on my monitor (and I don’t absolutely need max settings either, mostly because I’m a PVP player)

At 1080P, no sweat. You might even bounce around 200 fps at times. Even at 1080P, max, with 150-170% resolution scale, you'd still be pulling 140+ fps. 

GTX1070 sees over 150FPS maxed out at 1080p,..So like most...I'm using Scaling to 130% also, 80-120fps is my range now I think paired with a 75hz Gsync panel.

It's been a few weeks and memory doesn't serve well... but the game runs so well.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz