Safe maximum temp for 1070 TI

PierreJG1982

Hi again.I got my 1070 TI Wednesday.By the looks of it this gpu was either never used or was used for 2-3 months as there's no indication of dust or anything.I can't change thermal paste as it has a 1 year warranty.I want to know what's a safe temp.It idles on 54c but goes up to 81/82 in games.My problem is i got a radiator in front and the fans are inside my front panel.I got a dual xeon server setup in my room and she push out loads of heat.

Will the gpu survive the 81/82c when gaming or is it risky?

where do you live, in some cases those warranty void stickers are illegal to have or just to scare you, double check on the laws of your state on those matters. 80 is up there, and some 1070 ti models ran warm, but they're nowhere near the 110C you need to hit to start slowly cooking your card. worst case scenario the life time of your card is going from 5 years to 4 years.

CPU: Intel core i7-8086K Case: CORSAIR Crystal 570X RGB CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H150i PRO RGB Storage: Samsung 980 Pro - 2TB NVMe SSD PSU: EVGA 1000 GQ, 80+ GOLD 1000W, Semi Modular GPU: MSI Radeon RX 580 GAMING X 8G RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB (4 x 16GB) DDR4 3200mhz Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E Gaming

Is it a blower card or a dual/triple fan?

Either way, it's fine. Pascal is designed to keep itself in check.

Perhaps you won't boost as high, but the card will keep itself at an appropriate frequency to stay at or below 85C. (Unless you increase the temp limit manually) 

The limit is 83C by default so it's probably just throttling itself if you're at like 82C.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

I got the triple fan design.The stock clock is 1683 and it keeps it at that when gaming.So doesn't throttle down.I didn't oc card(it has the option in gigabyte util)It's at stock speeds.Forgot to mention i got the fan set on auto.On 82c it goes up to 73% fan speed

Ok.I found the problem.I am using giabytes utility to run my gpu my 1070ti's boost clock is 1683mhz.But my gpu boost to 1810mhz(max boost recorded was 1910) even on 82c.I will try to dail in the numbers manually to see if it works.It should be a lot cooler with the declock

Edit:I did a declock of 150mhz on my core in msi after burner.It only boost up to 1708 now.It still goes up to 81c but takes very long.I reckon it comes down to the weather here.Only logical explanation i can think of for the weird boost clocks are custom bios.I won't try to reflash as it's risky