Problem with windows server 2019 and network streaming not working

My HP ProLiant 570g5 is the model.

im having issues with server 2019. I have it loaded now and it’s not letting me setup network and sharing for the media. This has totally stumped me. It gives an error of the page has failed to load. 
to any of my fellow geniuses have any ideas for me. I want to be able to access my files from my server in my room because I’m having back surgery and I’m going to be there for the next several weeks or so.  You can hit me up on my non-profit website also at www.electronicdonationservices.com we refurbish electronics for families and people who are in need and under privileged. 

thanks for your help guys.

-Jm Frost

Electronic Donation Services

image.jpg

What should I be using. I have all my business files and other computer backups on my server too. As well with my music and movies. 

Did you enable Network Sharing? That's disabled by default on Windows 10. May or may not be the same on Server 2019.

59 minutes ago, ElectronicDonationService said:

What should I be using. I have all my business files and other computer backups on my server too. As well with my music and movies. 

It's not so much "what you should be using" but rather that the popularity of Linux/*NIX is much higher and (as far as I've seen) more commonly used than Windows Server.

When you go to select network sharing in media player it comes up with the picture, but I did setup all the other file sharing in the system and I can access it from my other computer. But my tv’s cannot access the media from the server 

C5A0E0EB-7630-4984-9A92-52E19A0B0640.jpeg

When you go to select network sharing in media player it comes up with the picture, but I did setup all the other file sharing in the system and I can access it from my other computer. But my tv’s cannot access the media from the server 

codecs are proprietary and some tvs are licensed only to use certain codecs.

if your tv doesnt have a license for the codec the media file is encoded with, it wont play and thats probably the issue. there is software that trans-code on the fly videos and music from dlna servers to devices. this is far more advanced compared to built in windows streaming which will only share the files.

see, https://serviio.org/download thats my personal favorite it will allow you to play the files on your tv even if it doesnt support the codec the file is encoded with. its also free, good luck and hopefully you can recover well from surgery

On 12/20/2019 at 11:06 PM, Windows7ge said:

It's not so much "what you should be using" but rather that the popularity of Linux/*NIX is much higher and (as far as I've seen) more commonly used than Windows Server.

popularity of windows vs linux comes done to many things and the big one is the use case as their is many areas one OS is more popular than the other.

while its true linux is more popular for web servers there is a lot of use cases where windows server is deployed over linux. popularity for web servers has a lot to do with costs linux is free afterall.

none of this is relevant to his original question.  non profits also get ms licensing at a significant discount

12 minutes ago, tech.guru said:

popularity of windows vs linux comes done to many things and the big one is the use case as their is many areas one OS is more popular than the other.

while its true linux is more popular for web servers there is a lot of use cases where windows server is deployed over linux. popularity for web servers has a lot to do with costs linux is free afterall.

none of this is relevant to his original question.  non profits also get ms licensing at a significant discount

I am aware that Windows Server has it's place in the enterprise. Applications such as SANs, Compute Clusters, and the use of Hyper-V. You are correct though in where I'm coming from that I'm basically saying there's a broader audience for using Linux over Windows Server, the big reason being most flavors of it are free.

And I'm aware large corporations get generous discounts on licensing when buying in bulk. The same can't be said for individuals setting up home servers.

he said hes a non for profit he would get his licensing for free or at a significant discount. its also not useful to discuss as he wants to share media files not discuss what OS is better or more popular.

1 hour ago, tech.guru said:

codecs are proprietary and some tvs are licensed only to use certain codecs.

if your tv doesnt have a license for the codec the media file is encoded with, it wont play and thats probably the issue. there is software that trans-code on the fly videos and music from dlna servers to devices. this is far more advanced compared to built in windows streaming which will only share the files.

see, https://serviio.org/download thats my personal favorite it will allow you to play the files on your tv even if it doesnt support the codec the file is encoded with. its also free, good luck and hopefully you can recover well from surgery

This software worked for me. I have the trial for now. I’m going to see if I can get it free since I’m a nonprofit. But thanks guys for your help.  I can fix most things but when it comes to servers it was beyond my scope this time. I’m learning something new.