XMP not working

Go to solution Solved by Arttu89,

1000 and 2000 series Ryzen CPUs don't work well with RAM over 3200MHz, those Trident Z Neo kits with 3600MHz are meant more for 3000 series chips.

You could try setting up the memory speed and timings manually for 3200MHz, but it's unlikely you'll ever get it to work properly at that kits XMP settings with a 2700X.

First, Hardware:

G.SKILL Trident Z Neo 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4 3600 Model F4-3600C16D-16GTZNC

ASUS Prime X470-Pro

AMD Ryzen 7 2700X 

Rosewill ARC Series 750W 80 PLUS Bronze

When i try to load the XMP profile in the bios so that the ram runs at the proper speeds, and i save and exit (restarting the computer) it fails to post, and will reboot twice until it boots into safe mode, never run into this issue before and im not very tech savy with AMD products, anyone got any ideas

And ive already tried different ram as well, originally with corsair vengance at 3200 clock speeds 16gb

Also i q-flashed the bios so it is up to date as well

1000 and 2000 series Ryzen CPUs don't work well with RAM over 3200MHz, those Trident Z Neo kits with 3600MHz are meant more for 3000 series chips.

You could try setting up the memory speed and timings manually for 3200MHz, but it's unlikely you'll ever get it to work properly at that kits XMP settings with a 2700X.