audio not working anymore after oculus update

Flugzeug

Hey guys!

So I just wanted to play a bit of Oculus Rift. The software wanted to update so i did that and then when i wanted to play there was no sound. I unplugged my rift and restarted my PC. After restart i also noticed that neither my heapdhones nor my speakers would output any audio all of a sudden. The only device that could play audio would be my integrated display speakers, but all devices that are connected to my 3,5mm jacks stopped receiving audio, but they do work when i connect my phone. After replugging the audio jacks again and restarting the pc nothing had changed, the problem still persists and i also tried using other output sources in the windows audio settings still doesnt work. 

I need to get this to ASAP, please help me!

thanks in advance!

1 hour ago, Flugzeug said:

Hey guys!

So I just wanted to play a bit of Oculus Rift. The software wanted to update so i did that and then when i wanted to play there was no sound. I unplugged my rift and restarted my PC. After restart i also noticed that neither my heapdhones nor my speakers would output any audio all of a sudden. The only device that could play audio would be my integrated display speakers, but all devices that are connected to my 3,5mm jacks stopped receiving audio, but they do work when i connect my phone. After replugging the audio jacks again and restarting the pc nothing had changed, the problem still persists and i also tried using other output sources in the windows audio settings still doesnt work. 

I need to get this to ASAP, please help me!

thanks in advance!

click on the 'speaker' icon on the bottom right of the Windows taskbar and verify that it is either set to your computer speakers or 'Rift Audio'