Need recomendation for a audiophile(newbie) pls

Bayonett Priest

i want a realy good heaphone! i love gaming and very loud bass musik(generaly am a listener of everything) and would neede a audiophile that i very good but not too pricy! Dont need a mic cause i own a rode procaster already with a Goxlr interface! i saw the drop senheiser 58x or 6XX on drop.com but would think that these are not the only ones that are very good! woudl prefer open backed headphones and i love comfort so would love that the HP would not press too much on my head but be snug enough to not fall off, have a big head(im pickish but want to have my endgameheadphones) 

i live in europe so would love soemthing that i can buy here! my headphone budget is around 250 but would prefer around 150-200!

the next thing i would need is a dac and amp(i have no idea what these are and the explenations on websites confuse me even more, if you could could please explain me as if im a idiot what these are? thanks)  but i have no clue what is good! and woudl only spend around 200 for them too!

Please tell me what is good i have no idea

My current daily driver is a tinT2 IEM but they are too silent for me! and the bass doesnt come as good out!

Thanks for reading

Haved a nice day

CPU: Intel I9-9900K Motherboard: Asus ROG Maximus XI CODE RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance PRO 3200MHZ GPU: Asus ROG 2080ti OC Storage: Samsung 970pro 2x1TB, 2Tb HDD Case: Lian Li PC O11 dynamic, Cooling:custom loop incoming, for now 360 rog ryujin!

Used Sennheiser 598s. Basically any version.

The Drop headphones are good, too. But make sure you're OK with having open-backs. If you're often in a noisy room, you won't have a good listenting experience with them imo.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

1 minute ago, kelvinhall05 said:

The Drop headphones are good, too. But make sure you're OK with having open-backs. If you're often in a noisy room, you won't have a good listenting experience with them imo.

If you have some spare money after getting headphones check out the KZ ZS10 Pro IEM's. pretty cheap and have a lot more bass than the Tin's. Excellent sound for the price. I'd say they sound like ~$250.00 IEM's for the 1/5'th the cost.

4 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

well im in my own room and the only noisy things are some cars that drive outside my window!

CPU: Intel I9-9900K Motherboard: Asus ROG Maximus XI CODE RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance PRO 3200MHZ GPU: Asus ROG 2080ti OC Storage: Samsung 970pro 2x1TB, 2Tb HDD Case: Lian Li PC O11 dynamic, Cooling:custom loop incoming, for now 360 rog ryujin!

I second Sennheiser HD598, still use one after so many years after I first bought it. You may or may not notice the improve sound quality that 6xx or 58x will offer but you will definitely notice the comfort and soundstage that 598 has. For mix usage, it's probably even better than their much pricer 660s.

Also it doesn't need an amp, you can basically run it off your on board audio, phone even. That will save you a few more buck while you will definitely need one for 6xx (which is basically 650) and 58x (which is basically a much cheaper and less comfortable version of 660s)

2 minutes ago, e22big said:

I second Sennheiser HD598, still use one after so many years after I first bought it. You may or may not notice the improve sound quality that 6xx or 58x will offer but you will definitely notice the comfort and soundstage that 598 has. For mix usage, it's probably even better than their much pricer 660s.

Also it doesn't need an amp, you can basically run it off your on board audio, phone even. That will save you a few more buck while you will definitely need one for 6xx (which is basically 650) and 58x (which is basically a much cheaper and less comfortable version of 660s)

would ned a amp maybie if i think what it is is! making my heaphones output even louder witch i realy realy want! have everything set at max volume but its still to quiet for me!

37 minutes ago, Bayonett Priest said:

would ned a amp maybie if i think what it is is! making my heaphones output even louder witch i realy realy want! have everything set at max volume but its still to quiet for me!

if you for go for any higher tier headphone (Sennheiser HD600 and above) you will definitely need an amp otherwise, you will basically get half the volume of everything you're listened to

but for 598, you don't need one at all, it is some very easy to drive can (and yes, you will get significantly more volume with an amp but for the most part, unless you're satisfied with your current max, there isn't a lot of reason to go that loud with your can, it might even damage your hearing)

15 minutes ago, e22big said:

if you for go for any higher tier headphone (Sennheiser HD600 and above) you will definitely need an amp otherwise, you will basically get half the volume of everything you're listened to

but for 598, you don't need one at all, it is some very easy to drive can (and yes, you will get significantly more volume with an amp but for the most part, unless you're satisfied with your current max, there isn't a lot of reason to go that loud with your can, it might even damage your hearing)

what god but around 100-150 or cheaper woudl yopu recomend i should get when the senheiser is to silent? just to make sure

14 minutes ago, Bayonett Priest said:

what god but around 100-150 or cheaper woudl yopu recomend i should get when the senheiser is to silent? just to make sure

Just get the Sennheiser HD 598. And then buy more things and you feel that you need them. 

I personally had the Sennheiser 558 (similar to 598 but warmer and less detailed) for a while and liked them a lot. I have a huge head, and they fit me snug but not too tight. Comfort and ergonomics are on point. And the sound is easy to like. 

3 hours ago, kokakolia said:

Just get the Sennheiser HD 598. And then buy more things and you feel that you need them. 

I personally had the Sennheiser 558 (similar to 598 but warmer and less detailed) for a while and liked them a lot. I have a huge head, and they fit me snug but not too tight. Comfort and ergonomics are on point. And the sound is easy to like. 

Yup! They were my first entrance into nice headphones and are super nice!

Now I upgraded to 660S

FOLDING MONTH 2021! GOGOGO and save on some heating costs 🙂

If your t2 is not loud enough. You need an amp. T2's are also generally bass lite 

6 hours ago, e22big said:

Well yes and no. Amps are needed for hard to drive headphones. You don't "need " an amp for a focal elex or something like a 660 because they are easy to drive they will benefit from having a cleaner signal but won't give you that many gains. But if your looking into things like 600 ohm or 250 ohm Beyers or planars then an amp is definitely something to consider. Or if what you have in the fist place just doesn't have enough power to drive what you have. The biggest misconception these days is how much people push amps and dacs just because they have "audiophile grade" gear if it's loud enough and clean enough your fine

13 hours ago, rice guru said:

Well yes and no. Amps are needed for hard to drive headphones. You don't "need " an amp for a focal elex or something like a 660 because they are easy to drive they will benefit from having a cleaner signal but won't give you that many gains. But if your looking into things like 600 ohm or 250 ohm Beyers or planars then an amp is definitely something to consider. Or if what you have in the fist place just doesn't have enough power to drive what you have. The biggest misconception these days is how much people push amps and dacs just because they have "audiophile grade" gear if it's loud enough and clean enough your fine

i would have a question i can buy the 599 on anazon! are they good? cant find 598 unless used! and what would be a good recomendation for a good amp for maybe around 100?

13 hours ago, rice guru said:

you're right about 660s, I forgot that it is only a 150 ohm can, come to think of that I never set it up without an amp but from my experience even the relatively easy to drive headphone have its volume degraded significantly without an amp

although with 300 ohm output on my HD 598, I get a significant gain in volume from this headphone so I do think the same should be apply to other lower impedance headphone in general as well

6 minutes ago, Bayonett Priest said:

i would have a question i can buy the 599 on anazon! are they good? cant find 598 unless used! and what would be a good recomendation for a good amp for maybe around 100?

The 599 are noticably better than the 598 anyway and is overall a more engaging headphone but if you want a better headphones than the 599 and if you live in the US for around the same price you can get the HD 58x from massdrop. 

7 minutes ago, Bayonett Priest said:

they're good, it's just a refresh of the 598 with black option

although used 598 can be a good value option as well

Just now, rice guru said:

The 599 are noticably better than the 598 anyway and is overall a more engaging headphone but if you want a better headphones than the 599 and if you live in the US for around the same price you can get the HD 58x from massdrop. 

yea im in germany and massdrop doenst offer the 58x in europoe anymore! besides i hears its not that comftable! and that is a priority for me!

1 minute ago, rice guru said:

58x have a significantly more cramping force though, from the test result I saw it sounds significantly better but also significantly less comfortable as well

1 minute ago, e22big said:

you're right about 660s, I forgot that it is only a 150 ohm can, come to think of that I never set it up without an amp but from my experience even the relatively easy to drive headphone have its volume degraded significantly without an amp

although with 300 ohm output on my HD 598, I get a significant gain in volume from this headphone so I do think the same should be apply to other lower impedance headphone in general as well

Well impedance isn't everything in a headphone. You also have to consiy sensitivity for example my 55 ohm akg k240 is slightly more difficult to drive than my 150 ohm hd 58x because Its  less sensitive than my 58x. 

1 minute ago, e22big said:

they're good, it's just a refresh of the 598 with black option

although used 598 can be a good value option as well

some offer the 598 for 50 bucks! but im a cautious man and the price i a bit too good to be true!

1 minute ago, Bayonett Priest said:

yea im in germany and massdrop doenst offer the 58x in europoe anymore! besides i hears its not that comftable! and that is a priority for me!

It's very comfortable just needs to break in for a couple of weeks but yeah if you live in Germany it's fine

1 minute ago, Bayonett Priest said:

some offer the 598 for 50 bucks! but im a cautious man and the price i a bit too good to be true!

$50 is about what i would pay for that headpi regardless it's a good headphone but boring. Personally if I bought it it would sit on the shelf looking pretty and never pick up.

1 minute ago, rice guru said:

It's very comfortable just needs to break in for a couple of weeks but yeah if you live in Germany it's fine

im going with the 599 casue i can buy it on amazon and can return it when i dont like it! the next thing is i need a amp! if not for my tint2 And the 599! what would you recomend?

12 minutes ago, Bayonett Priest said:

im going with the 599 casue i can buy it on amazon and can return it when i dont like it! the next thing is i need a amp! if not for my tint2 And the 599! what would you recomend?

If you can find the fiio k3 that should be enough for both but you really want to make sure your set the fiio k5 pro that's a great budget amp/dac

5 minutes ago, rice guru said:

If you can find the fiio k3 that should be enough for both but you really want to make sure your set the fiio k5 pro that's a great budget amp/dac

found the pro pro 149€! and it looks good i can maybie tape it under my table casue its so flat besides me so i dont have to put it im my desk!thanks