VRM and Mem tempe inside Afterburner?

frozensun

Hi guys,

I was wondering how this guy measures VRM temp and MEM temp inside this OSD?

I don't see in AB those options supported.

Please do not take offence for my apparent confusion or rudeness,it's not intent me to be like that,it's just my BPD,be nice to me,and I'll return twice better,be rude and usually I get easly pissed of...I'll try to help anyone here,as long as it's something I dealt with,and even if you think I'm rude or not polite,forgive me,  it's not me it's my BPD.

Thanks for understanding.

Use HWiNFO there are OSD settings, if you have RTSS running it will show anything you select in OSD, MSI Afterburner uses RTSS too.

Tag or quote me so i see your reply

Just now, Juular said:

Use HWiNFO.

oooh, how can I OSD it inside the games?

Please do not take offence for my apparent confusion or rudeness,it's not intent me to be like that,it's just my BPD,be nice to me,and I'll return twice better,be rude and usually I get easly pissed of...I'll try to help anyone here,as long as it's something I dealt with,and even if you think I'm rude or not polite,forgive me,  it's not me it's my BPD.

ooh thank you so much.

does the card must support this or I can OSD with any card?

Just now, frozensun said:

ooh thank you so much.

does the card must support this or I can OSD with any card?

Depends, see for yourself.

3 minutes ago, Juular said:

Depends, see for yourself.

thanks,it's a bit awkward,how can this software know the temperature inside my PC if there aren't temp sensors,I know motherboard has those,most of them but graphic cards don't think so...

thanks,it's a bit awkward,how can this software know the temperature inside my PC if there aren't temp sensors,I know motherboard has those,most of them but graphic cards don't think so...

If we're talking about VRM, it's not dedicated sensors per se, it's just that some VRM controllers support temperature reporting, they monitor thermals by themselves constantly to ensure that you don't fry the VRM.

Ooh ok thanks,let me try later in the day,and I'll see if that can be measured on my card.

It's weird because HWinfo is kinda universal software,I wonder why card manufauctures haven't implemented this.

I have Asus Strix and it's software which measures a lot of but not VRM temp.

Don’t see cards showing it unless they have sensors for it. Which is why gpu temp was the only thing shown and they updated their software once cards were made with the sensors. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

3 hours ago, Mick Naughty said:

Don’t see cards showing it unless they have sensors for it. Which is why gpu temp was the only thing shown and they updated their software once cards were made with the sensors. 

oh okay,can I run HWinfo OSD alongside AB?

oh okay,can I run HWinfo OSD alongside AB?

No idea. I don’t use either. I tend to run precisionx osd or nvidia inspector’s graphs on another monitor. If I need to see that much info. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

Yep now okay..keeps my OCD happy...

There are a lot of parameters that can be set in,I just wonder how accurate those really are.

First time I made a mistake set vrm mb temperature and I noticed its not gpu because it was low.

Thanks mate.

Cheers.

IMG_20191220_212105.jpg

On 12/20/2019 at 1:36 PM, frozensun said:

Yep now okay..keeps my OCD happy...

There are a lot of parameters that can be set in,I just wonder how accurate those really are.

First time I made a mistake set vrm mb temperature and I noticed its not gpu because it was low.

Thanks mate.

Cheers.

Be careful though... RTSS is notorious for causing issues in DX12 games, like crashing your GPU drivers randomly.

CPURyzen 7 5800X Cooler: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 120mm AIO with push-pull Arctic P12 PWM fans RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 4x8GB 3600 16-16-16-30

MotherboardASRock X570M Pro4 GPUASRock RX 5700 XT Reference with Eiswolf GPX-Pro 240 AIO Case: Antec P5 PSU: Rosewill Capstone 750M

Monitor: ASUS ROG Strix XG32VC Case Fans: 2x Arctic P12 PWM Storage: HP EX950 1TB NVMe, Mushkin Pilot-E 1TB NVMe, 2x Constellation ES 2TB in RAID1

https://hwbot.org/submission/4497882_btgbullseye_gpupi_v3.3___32b_radeon_rx_5700_xt_13min_37sec_848ms

9 hours ago, BTGbullseye said:

Be careful though... RTSS is notorious for causing issues in DX12 games, like crashing your GPU drivers randomly.

no problem with it...

3 hours ago, frozensun said:

no problem with it...

Good for you. So far it's caused over a dozen different games to crash after about 15 minutes of playing for me. (all games have no issue when RTSS is not active)

CPURyzen 7 5800X Cooler: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 120mm AIO with push-pull Arctic P12 PWM fans RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 4x8GB 3600 16-16-16-30

MotherboardASRock X570M Pro4 GPUASRock RX 5700 XT Reference with Eiswolf GPX-Pro 240 AIO Case: Antec P5 PSU: Rosewill Capstone 750M

Monitor: ASUS ROG Strix XG32VC Case Fans: 2x Arctic P12 PWM Storage: HP EX950 1TB NVMe, Mushkin Pilot-E 1TB NVMe, 2x Constellation ES 2TB in RAID1

https://hwbot.org/submission/4497882_btgbullseye_gpupi_v3.3___32b_radeon_rx_5700_xt_13min_37sec_848ms