r3 3200g what gpu should i get

seth1029

ok so i recently got a r3 3200g and a asus prime a-a320m-a board and i did the bios update my cpu works with no overclocking tho and i was thinking about gertting a gpu what should i get i am currently using vega 8 graphics playing cod bo2 at high graphics i wish to be able to cod modern warfare at low graphics getting 60fps-120fps

3 minutes ago, seth1029 said:

ok so i recently got a r3 3200g and a asus prime a-a320m-a board and i did the bios update my cpu works with no overclocking tho and i was thinking about gertting a gpu what should i get i am currently using vega 8 graphics playing cod bo2 at high graphics i wish to be able to cod modern warfare at low graphics getting 60fps-120fps

What country?

What power supply? Does it have PCI-e connectors?

Probably get an RX 470-RX 580, preferably 8GB, but new cards are like $100 USD for 4GB models

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

Main PC: ROG Zephyrus G14 2020
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 4800HS |

RAM : 16Gb DDR4 |

GPU : Nvidia GTX 1660Ti Max Q |

Storage : 512Gb NVme SSD |

Secondary PC:

CPU Xeon E5 2620 v3 |

Mobo : Jingsha X99 D4 |

RAM : 16Gb DDR4 |

Cooler : Deepcool Ice Edge Mini FS V2 |

GPU : Nvidia GTX750Ti |

Storage : Samsung 860 EVO 250gb (OS) |

PSU : Super Flower SF-500R12N |

Case : Cube Gaming Fernos |

Peripherals:

Monitor : AOC 24G2 |

Keyboard : Digital Alliance Meca Fighter Ice - Akko CS Vintage White |

Mouse : HyperX Pulsefire Haste |

Headphones : Phillips SHP9500 |

Mic : Taffware BM800 |

Mic Arm : Some cheap bogstandard arm |

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

Whatever you buy, remember to disable on board graphics in bios after you install GPU, otherwise it likely won't fully utilize the card.

I'd agree with sentiment if on super cheap budget rx480, rx570 for sub 150$, below 200$ rx580, rx590 all represent the best value, beyond that 1660 Super is a option at 230$ for your top end option.  Maybe 1660ti at 270$ but its bearly faster then Super and significantly more$, I wouldn't recommend better cards then these for your CPU though, will likely become too bottlenecked.  RX580 or RX590, up to 1660 Super at 230$ if you can afford it are solid place to be for 1080p gaming and currently represent best value.

1650s only good if you require super low power draw like when modifying a old Dell Optiplex etc, or need a tiny GPU for ITX build (like with small Palit or ZOTAC models), 5500XT (4gb) is alternative in this regard but not good value atm, about same performance on average but 10-40$ more, can't recommend it atm. 

rx470/480/570/580 is quite cheap to get 2nd hand, the only drawback is the size of the cards and their power-consumption. You'll need to check that first.

If you are looking for a new card the 1650s isn't that bad; just don't confuse it with the non-s variant - yes, it's only 4gb, but still better than one of the above cards unless they do have 8gb vram. Some bucks more and you're able to get the 1660s or 1660Ti.

The rx5500(XT) will have to drop in price, they're not up to the 1660s.

9 minutes ago, Sir0Tek said:

The rx5500(XT) will have to drop in price, they're not up to the 1660s.

Price to performance benchmarks really show how dire it is for the 5500xt, hope its more a issue "we want to sell out polaris(580/590 etc) first" then "its 7nm this is actually as cheap as we can make it." The 5700s at 290-320$ represented amazing value at mid-range, but sadly you can bearly find them anymore and im worried the 5600 will just be the same story as the 5500XT all over again if Radeon doesn't reconsider their recent price hikes. 

Nobody cares what the node size is if it costs a arm and a leg for similar performance
image.thumb.png.87c6af7458e8d2aad72cd80c5f9431a1.png
(From Hardware Unboxed recent review)

Spoiler

kot_sleep.thumb.png.dabc203925c6a5c8b3bc96f8e1cf0f4f.png

What that graphic doesnt show (but is explained pretty clearly in the video) is that the 4G cards really struggle in some titles with huge dips in minimum framerate. So while it looks like a good deal on that graph, its kinda not.

You really want the larger VRAM card going forwards, and once you rule out the 4G cards, the 580 and 590 are much better buys than the 5500xt and 1650 super.

1 hour ago, Aragorn- said:

What that graphic doesnt show (but is explained pretty clearly in the video) is that the 4G cards really struggle in some titles with huge dips in minimum framerate. So while it looks like a good deal on that graph, its kinda not.

You really want the larger VRAM card going forwards, and once you rule out the 4G cards, the 580 and 590 are much better buys than the 5500xt and 1650 super.

here you go (source)
image.thumb.png.b706659f985c402c5457cd847c2fd435.png

What i think was also touched on briefly a little bit either in that video, the other initial 5500xt, or if not then on recent podcast with Steve W., is that most people with 1650s, 580/590s, 5500xts etc likely wouldn't want to turn up graphical fidelity so much that 8gb is called for, you are simply running poor frame-rates at that point with pretty much any of the cards, but it is worth keeping in mind for the type of people who only care about fidelity/resolution etc instead of focusing on fps running say medium settings (imo crazy people, frames>all else within reason, but still rx580/590 makes more sense currently)