What low profile 5700 XT card to chose? (280mm length max )

Hi, i just sold my 1070 to upgrade to an Rx 5700 XT, initially i wanted to move the AIO from the front of the case on top of it, doesn t fit, my case it s an meshify c and the AIO it s an kraken x62 ( the 240 mm one) 

so now that i know i can t buy the powercolor one i need one card under 280 mm lenght  , wich one is the best one? 

I m not a big fan how the sapphire pulse looks like , thanks !

I would possibly grap a circular saw...

These are 5700XT with up to 28cm length:

5700xt28cm.jpg

Go with the Power Color Red Dragon.  It got some very good reviews compared to the other smaller, compact 5700XT cards.  

1 minute ago, Midnitewolf said:

Go with the Power Color Red Dragon.  It got some very good reviews compared to the other smaller, compact 5700XT cards.  

yeah that was my thought, then i saw that the gigabyte one is actually 280 mm so know i m not so sure, i have to find out if the card when measured, do they measure the metal bit sticking out or not ( don t know the name of that, basically the part where you put your screws 

9 minutes ago, sn00pd000gg said:

yeah that was my thought, then i saw that the gigabyte one is actually 280 mm so know i m not so sure, i have to find out if the card when measured, do they measure the metal bit sticking out or not ( don t know the name of that, basically the part where you put your screws 

Honestly, I like that Gigabyte card myself and am thinking about purchasing one however it is listed as being right at 280mm.  In my experience with building PC you almost need to give yourself an extra 10mm to account for fit and tolerances.  Right now for example, I ran into a situation where my case had 55mm available for a radiator so bought a radiator that was exactly 55mm thick but the mounting bracket on the case caused just enough of an offset that the radiator turned out to be 55.5 mm thick which caused an issue.  Also consider airflow.  If you only have 280mm of space for your GPU and you put in a GPU that is 280mm long into that space, you have zero room for air to move around your GPU and up toward the vents at the rear and top of your case which might cause some thermal issues with your GPU.  The smaller Red Dragon being only 240mm long means you have at least 40mm of open space to allow for better air flow.

At the end of the day I am not saying not to get the Gigabyte card but rather make sure to think it through to the end before getting it. 

4 minutes ago, Midnitewolf said:

Honestly, I like that Gigabyte card myself and am thinking about purchasing one however it is listed as being right at 280mm.  In my experience with building PC you almost need to give yourself an extra 10mm to account for fit and tolerances.  Right now for example, I ran into a situation where my case had 55mm available for a radiator so bought a radiator that was exactly 55mm thick but the mounting bracket on the case caused just enough of an offset that the radiator turned out to be 55.5 mm thick which caused an issue.  Also consider airflow.  If you only have 280mm of space for your GPU and you put in a GPU that is 280mm long into that space, you have zero room for air to move around your GPU and up toward the vents at the rear and top of your case which might cause some thermal issues with your GPU.  The smaller Red Dragon being only 240mm long means you have at least 40mm of open space to allow for better air flow.

At the end of the day I am not saying not to get the Gigabyte card but rather make sure to think it through to the end before getting it. 

If it doesn t fit i can buy an slim noctua fan or something, at this moment i got 280mm + or - 5mm, if i replace the nzxt fan with a slim one should be fine, in terms of airflow, the botton fan from the cpu rad blows right under the card, got an exhaust fan so i don t know, might be a problem, might go for the red dragon , thanks !