Won't boot into windows after clone

BK-NIGHT

2 weeks ago, i cloned my old harddrive to a wd green sata ssd, i cloned it using wd green's own clone software now it won't boot

Ask for more info if needed

specs are:

ryzen 5 2600

firepro v4900

240gb wd green sata ssd

250gb wd green hard drive

310gb Hitachi hard drive

a320m-s2h

thermaltake 350w psu 

Edited by BK-NIGHT
pc specs

Maybe the clone failed, I would try to clone the drive again. Did you checked the SMART status on your old dirve before doing the clone? 

2 minutes ago, Viper9 said:

Maybe the clone failed, I would try to clone the drive again. Did you checked the SMART status on your old dirve before doing the clone? 

I didn't check any of those but it worked many times, even after some total power off/power on. 

I didn't use my pc for 1 week because my adapter broke off. 

I presume nothing weird happened when i wasn't even using it.

6 minutes ago, BK-NIGHT said:

I didn't check any of those but it worked many times, even after some total power off/power on. 

I didn't use my pc for 1 week because my adapter broke off. 

I presume nothing weird happened when i wasn't even using it.

Usually you have two options:

1. Windows is corrupted and needs to be reinstall

2. Your SSD failed

I would put the old drive in and boot on it, then check with the software Crystal Disk Info is the SMART status is ok (you could check both the HDD and SSD). 

Second, before doing the clone run the chkdsk /f command on the old hard drive (you'll need to reboot your PC). 

Usually you have two options:

1. Windows is corrupted and needs to be reinstall

2. Your SSD failed

I would remove the SSD and put the old drive in and check with the software Crystal Disk Info is the SMART status is ok (you could check both the HDD and SSD). 

Second, before doing the clone run the "chkdsk /f" command on the old hard drive. 

I did format the old drive, I now have downloaded Ubuntu onto the old hdd and the ssd also shows up in ubuntu, i think its either option 1 or option 1

Just now, BK-NIGHT said:

I did format the old drive, I now have downloaded Ubuntu onto the old hdd and the ssd also shows up in ubuntu, i think its either option 1 or option 1

Alright, so do a clean install of Windows 10 on the SSD. 

Alright, so do a clean install of Windows 10 on the SSD. 

Thaank you so much for your time

You did nothing for week and now your PC don't want to start? Strange.

It may be SSD failure - not total failure, but some problem with keeping it alive when long time disconnected from power.

But that's just guessing.

It's quite common, when you clone a hard drive to an SSD. Have a look for repairing the Windows boot partition. That should unfuck it.

Quote me so I can reply back :) 

MY PC-> PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA T2 1000W 80 Plus Titanium MOTHERBOARD: ASUS X370 Crosshair VI Hero CPU: RYZEN 7 3700X RAM: G.Skill 32GB (4X8GB) DDR4 3200MHz C14 GPU: EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 HYBRID STORAGE: Samsung 970 EVO 500GB NVMe SSD; 2TB WD Caviar Blue; Crucial MX500 500GB SSD CUSTOM LOOP: EK-Velocity Nickel + Plexi CPU block, EK-FC1080 GTX Ti Acetal + Nickel GPU Block w/ EK-FC1080 GTX Ti Backplate, EK-XRES 140 Revo D5 PWM, EK-CoolStream PE 240 w/ 2x Noctua NF-F12 Chromax fans, EK-ACF Fitting 10/13mm Nickel, Mayhems UV White tubing 13/10mm, 3x Noctua NF-S12A Chromax case fans