I NEED HELP PLEASE ANYONE

YesimethanYT

when unboxing my monitor i thought that there was a big safety peal covering the screen but when i went to peel the screen was just white and i think I broke my $200 monitor please help anyone know how to fix what i did?

Did.. Did you actually pull of the polarizing filter of the monitor...??

That is usually held on quite firmly and shouldn't have an edge you can peel..

Could we get a picture of the peel you took off the screen?

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

10 minutes ago, minibois said:

Did.. Did you actually pull of the polarizing filter of the monitor...??

That is usually held on quite firmly and shouldn't have an edge you can peel..

Could we get a picture of the peel you took off the screen?

do you know how i would replace this or fix it 

9 minutes ago, YesimethanYT said:

i tried to put it back but it looks nasty i wanna know how to fix it

uhh.. yea, that looks like you pulled the polarizing filter off. You could probably buy a new film at the right size from eBay or something. But applying it is kinda annoying though.

I only have experience on a smaller scale with those films, so not sure how that goes on a monitor.

I have no idea what to tell you to do now, to be quite honest. Applying for a warranty seems out of the question, because - unless it was very unclear - this will likely be seen as user error. Replacing it at the store you bought it at is likely gonna result in the same thing..

Claiming something at your insurer might do something?? But I am honestly not sure if that is worth the deductible..

So I don't know what to tell you :(

How though?? You would have had to pull quite hard on it? My only experience with removing polarizing film was on GameBoys and you have to really muscle to remove those.. How did you do that on the entire screen?

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

11 minutes ago, minibois said:

uhh.. yea, that looks like you pulled the polarizing filter off. You could probably buy a new film at the right size from eBay or something. But applying it is kinda annoying though.

I only have experience on a smaller scale with those films, so not sure how that goes on a monitor.

I have no idea what to tell you to do now, to be quite honest. Applying for a warranty seems out of the question, because - unless it was very unclear - this will likely be seen as user error. Replacing it at the store you bought it at is likely gonna result in the same thing..

Claiming something at your insurer might do something?? But I am honestly not sure if that is worth the deductible..

So I don't know what to tell you :(

How though?? You would have had to pull quite hard on it? My only experience with removing polarizing film was on GameBoys and you have to really muscle to remove those.. How did you do that on the entire screen?

Maybe it has something to do with his tab about polarzing film/filter glasses...

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈