Help with learning how to improve audio and mic

saminam

Hi, basically I have always had trouble with audio. Hearing static etc. but at this point i think its just normal. Anyways i got sick of using in ears to suppress the static and went with a headset. That headset being the hyperx cloud alpha. Im pretty happy with the headset overall but the mic is just a little too quiet and so is the audio. For example with everything turned up to 100 on inline,windows and CSGO it is just barely good enough to hear footsteps. I can also turn spotify up to 100 along with everything else and not even have to take off my headset. With the mic i find at peak its passable but still extremely quiet. With it turned up to 100 and only noise suppression on in windows its got this kind of static where i will talk and it goes up a little bit then goes back to base static (im assuming this is normal) I do use an audio splitter for the audio to have the option to plug in some in ears if i dont want to wear the headset.

Sorry that was so long. anyways im looking to improve the audio and mic. Are dacs or amps a thing that could help ? is there any kind of hardware that will simply boost my audio and mic ? Any help is appreciated.

Prodigy Cube? And no more static noise of any kind, just silence.

Or any other good soundcard (external in your case) with built-in amplifier.

Basically it works that way - if you want better graphics experience, you buy better GPU. If you want better sound experience, you buy better soundcard. There is a reason why good soundcard cost the same or more than whole motherboard with integrated crappy sound chip.

33 minutes ago, homeap5 said:

Prodigy Cube? And no more static noise of any kind, just silence.

Or any other good soundcard (external in your case) with built-in amplifier.

Basically it works that way - if you want better graphics experience, you buy better GPU. If you want better sound experience, you buy better soundcard. There is a reason why good soundcard cost the same or more than whole motherboard with integrated crappy sound chip.

I get that part but i was unsure whether it will actually increase the sound levels of my mic and make it louder. I saw some posts online about amps etc. and there didnt seem to be any focus on mic amplifying only audio. I probably will purchase it but i just want to be clear it will amplify both audio and mic ?

43 minutes ago, saminam said:

I get that part but i was unsure whether it will actually increase the sound levels of my mic and make it louder. I saw some posts online about amps etc. and there didnt seem to be any focus on mic amplifying only audio. I probably will purchase it but i just want to be clear it will amplify both audio and mic ?

About mic - I'm not sure, read more about product on their website. My gf using it as headphone amplifier and output to speakers amplifier, and works perfect.

17 hours ago, saminam said:

Hi, basically I have always had trouble with audio. Hearing static etc. but at this point i think its just normal. Anyways i got sick of using in ears to suppress the static and went with a headset. That headset being the hyperx cloud alpha. Im pretty happy with the headset overall but the mic is just a little too quiet and so is the audio. For example with everything turned up to 100 on inline,windows and CSGO it is just barely good enough to hear footsteps. I can also turn spotify up to 100 along with everything else and not even have to take off my headset. With the mic i find at peak its passable but still extremely quiet. With it turned up to 100 and only noise suppression on in windows its got this kind of static where i will talk and it goes up a little bit then goes back to base static (im assuming this is normal) I do use an audio splitter for the audio to have the option to plug in some in ears if i dont want to wear the headset.

Sorry that was so long. anyways im looking to improve the audio and mic. Are dacs or amps a thing that could help ? is there any kind of hardware that will simply boost my audio and mic ? Any help is appreciated.

You could try turning mic gain down. https://www.thewindowsclub.com/boost-microphone-volume-windows For years, I had low level static noise in all of my outputs. For some weird reason, turning mic gain from 20dB to 10dB killed the static. Just an option to try before going after expensive solutions