Overclocking gpu

DESTROYER 123503

So i bought a new sapphire rx 590 nitro plus and i cant even overclock to 1580mhz and it crashes straight away also the memory i cant overclock it to 2050mhz.

1 hour ago, DESTROYER 123503 said:

So i bought a new sapphire rx 590 nitro plus and i cant even overclock to 1580mhz and it crashes straight away also the memory i cant overclock it to 2050mhz.

And? Is this just a report of you losing the silicon lottery by getting a card you can't stably overclock past the huge factory overclock?

CPURyzen 7 5800X Cooler: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 120mm AIO with push-pull Arctic P12 PWM fans RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 4x8GB 3600 16-16-16-30

MotherboardASRock X570M Pro4 GPUASRock RX 5700 XT Reference with Eiswolf GPX-Pro 240 AIO Case: Antec P5 PSU: Rosewill Capstone 750M

Monitor: ASUS ROG Strix XG32VC Case Fans: 2x Arctic P12 PWM Storage: HP EX950 1TB NVMe, Mushkin Pilot-E 1TB NVMe, 2x Constellation ES 2TB in RAID1

https://hwbot.org/submission/4497882_btgbullseye_gpupi_v3.3___32b_radeon_rx_5700_xt_13min_37sec_848ms

18 minutes ago, DESTROYER 123503 said:

Im asking is this normal?

Yes, it is. Some cards can do more, some can't. Simple as that.

ESL Profile: https://play.eslgaming.com/player/2432327/

F@H Profile: https://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_summary.php?s=&u=847206

Old System:                                                                 Current System :

i7-3770k + Cooler Master Hyper 212                           i9 9900k + Noctua NH-D15

Gigabyte Z77M-D3H                                                    Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Master

Evga Geforce GTX 970 SC                                          GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER GAMING OC (F@H OC +70core/+580 mem)

HyperX FURY Red 16GB  DDR3 1600                        Corsair Vengeance  LPX 2x16GB DDR4 3200

bequiet PURE POWER 600W 80+ bronze                  Corsair RM 650x 80+ gold

Samsung 850 Evo 120 GB + 1TB HDD                       Samsung 970 Evo Plus 500GB 

Thermaltake Level 20 MT ARGB 

• What is your power supply
  • Where and when are you reading your clock speeds
  • Are you sure this isnt a ram or CPU overclock issue

17 minutes ago, LeapFrogMasterRace said:
  • What is your power supply
  • Where and when are you reading your clock speeds
  • Are you sure this isnt a ram or CPU overclock issue

1. Evga 600w 80 plus bronze psu

2. I monitered the speeds by using mdo afterburner.

3. Yes i am sure that it isnt ram or cpu overclock issue.

4 minutes ago, DESTROYER 123503 said:

1. Evga 600w 80 plus bronze psu

2. I monitered the speeds by using mdo afterburner.

3. Yes i am sure that it isnt ram or cpu overclock issue.

Have you played with the power limit and voltages in afterburner and are temperatures good?

13 minutes ago, LeapFrogMasterRace said:

Have you played with the power limit and voltages in afterburner and are temperatures good?

Yes i played with the power limit and i put it to 20% but never touched the voltage as it does not allow me to do so. The temps are good 

1 minute ago, DESTROYER 123503 said:

Yes i played with the power limit and i put it to 20% but never touched the voltage as it does not allow me to do so. The temps are good 

Double check all your power settings are set to high performance in the AMD software as well as Windows and then try closing MSI Afterburner and only overclocking in wattman making sure MSI is closed to avoid any interference.