Random 4 beeps? Is this a mobo issue?

CSGOaddict

To summarize quickly, random 4 fast beeps coming occasionally when using PC. Happens often when playing CS and just happened when watching twitch. MIGHT *POSSIBLY* be due to the new amd driver update thingy? I've noticed this is what it starting happening after. Amd build btw, ryzen 3 1200 and rx 570.

Plssss help! Thanks in advance.

need to know what mobo you have
but just looking up at generic 4 short beeps says memory but might be different depending on board make

Just now, circeseye said:

need to know what mobo you have
but just looking up at generic 4 short beeps says memory but might be different depending on board make

Asrock b450m pro4-f

https://www.asrock.com/support/faq.asp?id=2
system timer failure 

looking further i get this explanation
 the ASRock mobo uses an AMI BIOS, therefore those four short beeps indicates a System Timer Failure, which means "The system clock/timer IC has failed or there is a memory error in the first bank of memory". Testing each stick of RAM may help, or testing each RAM slot - it could be a dodgy stick, or a sign that the mobo is having its last days.

9 minutes ago, circeseye said:

https://www.asrock.com/support/faq.asp?id=2
system timer failure 

looking further i get this explanation
 the ASRock mobo uses an AMI BIOS, therefore those four short beeps indicates a System Timer Failure, which means "The system clock/timer IC has failed or there is a memory error in the first bank of memory". Testing each stick of RAM may help, or testing each RAM slot - it could be a dodgy stick, or a sign that the mobo is having its last days.

Surely the mobo wont fail right :( PC's not even a month old

11 minutes ago, CSGOaddict said:

Surely the mobo wont fail right :( PC's not even a month old

try reseating the ram. or using 1 stick at a time and try the other 2 slots before anything else

3 minutes ago, circeseye said:

try reseating the ram. or using 1 stick at a time and try the other 2 slots before anything else

I will and I'll get back to you when i do, am not able to do that today unfortunately...

AMD's new video drivers cause 4 quick beeps every time you run an application that is using Radeon Anti-Lag.  Pretty sure if the beeps are coming from your sound device and not the onboard mobo speaker then it isn't a mobo code.

Personal Rig v3: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X | Noctua NH-U14S | Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro ITX | Zotac GTX 2070 8GB | 16GB G-Skill Trident DDR4 3200MHz | EVGA Supernova 750B | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX 

Peripherals: Sennheiser HD518 & Classic ModMic | Corsair K65 Luxe | Zowie EC2 | ASUS VG259QM  |  ASUS VG278E | Klipsch ProMedia 2.1

I love you

I didn't know that lmfao. Yes they are coming from my headphones, I never really knew how these beep codes worked since I've done only one build and I didn't have any issues. Good to know. Thanks a lot!

2 minutes ago, CSGOaddict said:

I love you

I didn't know that lmfao. Yes they are coming from my headphones, I never really knew how these beep codes worked since I've done only one build and I didn't have any issues. Good to know. Thanks a lot!

So did turning that setting off fix the beeps?  I've been trying for a few days to figure out how to get the beeps to stop while keeping Anti-Lag on.  It's a little annoying ?

Personal Rig v3: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X | Noctua NH-U14S | Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro ITX | Zotac GTX 2070 8GB | 16GB G-Skill Trident DDR4 3200MHz | EVGA Supernova 750B | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX 

Peripherals: Sennheiser HD518 & Classic ModMic | Corsair K65 Luxe | Zowie EC2 | ASUS VG259QM  |  ASUS VG278E | Klipsch ProMedia 2.1

(facepalm) you didnt say the beeps were in your headphones lol. but wow THAT would be annoying. why the alert? what were they thinking

Just now, circeseye said:

(facepalm) you didnt say the beeps were in your headphones lol. but wow THAT would be annoying. why the alert? what were they thinking

Yeah I've been trying to figure out why they couldn't have just added it to the hotkey notification they force me to see every time I launch a 3D app.  I'm sure you can turn both off somehow I'm just determined to find it in this new control panel without using google

13 minutes ago, circeseye said:

righT? LIKE WHAT WHY??? AND IT STUTTERS THE GAME EVERY FREAKING TIME lmao (so much for the anti-lag)

12 minutes ago, Polyvalent said:

Yeah I've been trying to figure out why they couldn't have just added it to the hotkey notification they force me to see every time I launch a 3D app.  I'm sure you can turn both off somehow I'm just determined to find it in this new control panel without using google

Yeah it seems to have worked sooo THANK YOU!!!