gpu enters 0 rpm mode after sleep

bluehillday

so i have an rx 570 which has a fan curve set from wattman, (0 rpm fan mode off) and it stays on idle at 1300rpm. the only problem is that if put pc on sleep, after it resumes the fans auto enters in 0 rpm fan mode and the only way to turn on the fan again is to restart pc. any thoughts on this? i'm pretty sure this an amd gpu problem because i had 2 version of rx 570 and both had the same issue

Are you already using the latest drivers? Sounds like a bug that could be fixed by a driver update.

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

The fans don't NEED to be running unless it's under stress. If they aren't running while you're gaming then it's a problem, but if they aren't running when you're just chilling in Windows then it's okay

16 minutes ago, Eigenvektor said:

Are you already using the latest drivers? Sounds like a bug that could be fixed by a driver update.

yes

11 minutes ago, TOdom said:

The fans don't NEED to be running unless it's under stress. If they aren't running while you're gaming then it's a problem, but if they aren't running when you're just chilling in Windows then it's okay

why you say that? there is an option in wattmman to turn 0 rpm mode off. it runs at 50C in idle the fan is not on and at 40C if fan is on

and yeah, what you said isn't adressing my problem at all