M.2 wont show up in BIOS (HELP PLS)

idkwhatimevendoin

ok so basically i got an m.2 ssd (1TB) to use as my boot drive and storage. so after installing the m.2 in the PC i got windows installer up and running and downloaded windows on the m.2 however when the pc restarts after the windows install it does not boot from the m.2, it just shows me the installer again and when i go in the bios i cant find it in the boot priority section. after failing to find it i removed the m.2 and hooked my hard drive back up and now it shows the error message inaccessible boot device  however im fixing this issue rn pls someone help me i rlly dont wanna use this m.2 for secondary storage i need faster boot times. so ye i cant find the m.2 in the bios. and how did the m.2 show up in the windows installer, and not in the bios smh im so confused ?

any help is appreciated!

MOB: GA Z97 D3H 

I’ve had this problem with win10 and regular old sata6 SSDs. I found it took a couple boots for the SSD to show up consistently.  It eventually did though.  No idea why.  I’m curious myself.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

9 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

I’ve had this problem with win10 and regular old sata6 SSDs. I found it took a couple boots for the SSD to show up consistently.  It eventually did though.  No idea why.  I’m curious myself.

so u kept restarting ur pc and checking the bios, and eventually it showed up??

6 minutes ago, mhdshoukry said:

so u kept restarting ur pc and checking the bios, and eventually it showed up??

Took 2 or 3 tries.  Then it showed up, dropped once and has been fine since.  Kinda weird.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.