PC Game Volume Low, Desktop Volume Normal, what could be the issue?

asassano1985

I ran into a problem yesterday and am trying to find a possible solution. On my PC I have found that games like Destiney 2, Overwatch, Outer Worlds, etc... seem to have low in game volume, where I have to turn the volume higher (almost to 100% on my Logitech G933, Corsair Void RGB Elite or using Headphones via a DAC and AMP) to immerse myself in the game. Going into surround mode does help a bit, but the volume level still has to be pretty high. The odd part, if I am not in a game and just playing music via spotify or amazon music on my desktop 50% of the headset/headphone volume is much louder than 100% in games.

Does anyone have any suggestions as what can be causing this issue?

Turn up the volume in the game....?

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

25 minutes ago, Enderman said:

Turn up the volume in the game....?

All volumes in game are the highest they will go.  It is a very weird issue, as like I said I can just be on the desktop listening to spotify and everything seems fine, but then going into a game the audio level just drops.

11 minutes ago, asassano1985 said:

All volumes in game are the highest they will go.  It is a very weird issue, as like I said I can just be on the desktop listening to spotify and everything seems fine, but then going into a game the audio level just drops.

Try right clicking on the speaker icon and click volume mixer, see if the games are all the way up there too.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

They are maxed. In Destiny I can hear when the volume goes from normal to low after the main screen and just before character selection, however in Overwatch and Outer Worlds it is low to begin with.

The same here. All normal sounds can be way too loud like in youtube and WMP but in games like GTAV are low. But the volume in GTA SA are extremely loud. Which DAC/AMP do you have?

DAC/AMPs:

Klipsch Heritage Headphone Amplifier

Headphones: Klipsch Heritage HP-3 Walnut, Meze 109 Pro, Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, Amiron Wireless Copper, Tygr 300R, DT880 600ohm Manufaktur, T90, Fidelio X2HR

CPU: Intel 4770, GPU: Asus RTX3080 TUF Gaming OC, Mobo: MSI Z87-G45, RAM: DDR3 16GB G.Skill, PC Case: Fractal Design R4 Black non-iglass, Monitor: BenQ GW2280