128GB 830 SSD

1TB WD Green

8GB Ballistix Tactical Tracer Ram BLUE

BEQUIET Dark Rock PRO

Corsair TX 550M PSU.

Asus XONAR DGX

Bitfenix Spectre Pro Fans BLUE x3

Corsair Air 120, x2

But the motherboard as MSI Z77A GD65 is slowly dying on me, had problems for a while now and I felt that a new year deserves a new PC !

So the plan is as follows, I need a smaller, quieter, powerful PC for photo and video editing as well of course playing a few games !

My proposed specs are as follows:

CPU: 4770K - for all the power !

MOBO: ASUS Z87 Gryphon + Thermal Armour (no need for the armour apart from the looks ! )

PSU: Corsair RM 650 - for no fan spin up till a significant load

RAM: 8GB Ballistix Tactical Tracer Ram BLUE - Same ram as I love the blue led's, may get some more if i start to run out of ram

SSD: 128GB 830 SSD - Same SSD as its still a beast

CPU COOLER: BEQUIET Dark Rock PRO - this is seriously underrated cooler IMO, it looks fab and is super quiet !

CASE: Corsair 350D - this looks awesome and is all i need space wise

HDD'S: 2x 3TB WD greens

GPU: going to keep the 660 for the time being as I don't feel I need to upgrade that yet, maybe when maxwell comes out..... ;) 

So there are the specs... for the rest of the build, the plan is for it to be a blue and black - I may get some silverstone blue led strips as they look the ticket, and in the uk they are cheaper than the alchemys on amazon for some reason.

The case, the one thing about this case that I don't like is the limit of 2 hdd's but i suppose 6tb will be enough for now as i can always buy some external hdds.

Fan configuration will be the 2 corsairs in the front as intakes and the 3 bitfenix's in the top, maybe the rear fan as an intake for positive pressure.

Also going to keep the sound card as its all i need for now.

Anyway thanks for taking a look and any comments are welcome, unless you are a troll :P 

Cheers,

Sam

Original build here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/82840-finished-tr1ggerhappysams-rig/

350D is a great case!

System Specs - CPU: i7 4770K - RAM: 8GB(2x4GB) Vengeance Pro - Motherboard: Maximus VI Gene - Case: Modded PowerMac G5 - CPU Cooler: H100i - PSU: AX860i - SSD: Samsung 840 Series 120GB and Kingston V300 120GB - HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB - Graphics Card: 2x GTX 780 - Case Fans: SP120s and Spectre 140s - Headphones: HD700, Alpha Dog, SE215

Sony A7R w/ Zeiss 55mm F1.8

Hello all, 

So the story so far:

I currently have (when I say currently, I mean in bits) this configuration:

3570K @ 4.6Ghz

GTX 660 TF2

128GB 830 SSD

1TB WD Green

8GB Ballistix Tactical Tracer Ram BLUE

BEQUIET Dark Rock PRO

Corsair TX 550M PSU.

Asus XONAR DGX

Bitfenix Spectre Pro Fans BLUE x3

Corsair Air 120, x2

But the motherboard as MSI Z77A GD65 is slowly dying on me, had problems for a while now and I felt that a new year deserves a new PC !

So the plan is as follows, I need a smaller, quieter, powerful PC for photo and video editing as well of course playing a few games !

My proposed specs are as follows:

CPU: 4770K - for all the power !

MOBO: ASUS Z87 Gryphon + Thermal Armour (no need for the armour apart from the looks ! )

PSU: Corsair RM 650 - for no fan spin up till a significant load

RAM: 8GB Ballistix Tactical Tracer Ram BLUE - Same ram as I love the blue led's, may get some more if i start to run out of ram

SSD: 128GB 830 SSD - Same SSD as its still a beast

CPU COOLER: BEQUIET Dark Rock PRO - this is seriously underrated cooler IMO, it looks fab and is super quiet !

CASE: Corsair 350D - this looks awesome and is all i need space wise

HDD'S: 2x 3TB WD greens

GPU: going to keep the 660 for the time being as I don't feel I need to upgrade that yet, maybe when maxwell comes out..... ;)

So there are the specs... for the rest of the build, the plan is for it to be a blue and black - I may get some silverstone blue led strips as they look the ticket, and in the uk they are cheaper than the alchemys on amazon for some reason.

The case, the one thing about this case that I don't like is the limit of 2 hdd's but i suppose 6tb will be enough for now as i can always buy some external hdds.

Fan configuration will be the 2 corsairs in the front as intakes and the 3 bitfenix's in the top, maybe the rear fan as an intake for positive pressure.

Also going to keep the sound card as its all i need for now.

Anyway thanks for taking a look and any comments are welcome, unless you are a troll :P

Cheers,

Sam

Original build here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/82840-finished-tr1ggerhappysams-rig/

Don't get the first Dark Rock Pro get the newest one the Dark Rock Pro 3 (even tho i would recommend the Dark rock 3 non pro)

Don't get the first Dark Rock Pro get the newest one the Dark Rock Pro 3 (even tho i would recommend the Dark rock 3 non pro)

Why is that - the one I have has been running like a champ for well over a year now :D

Why is that - the one I have has been running like a champ for well over a year now :D

Oh you already have it. Sry the new ones are just better but if you already have it then it's fine. 

How's the motherboard dying?

The Dark Rock Pro is 166mm tall and won't fit in the case. The 350D only supports coolers up to 160mm tall.

What's going to happen to the 3570k + mobo?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

How's the motherboard dying?

Long story, basically i damaged it ages ago and it gave up the ghost

The Dark Rock Pro is 166mm tall and won't fit in the case. The 350D only supports coolers up to 160mm tall.

Guess ill get a H100i then ! - damn thats annoying, its an awesome heatsink

What's going to happen to the 3570k + mobo?

sold the cpu on ebay a few days ago

Thanks for the heads up :D

Guess ill get a H100i then ! - damn thats annoying, its an awesome heatsink

Why not just get a 212 Evo?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Well I have spotted the Silverstone tj08e which looks good too ? What's the verdict on that case ?

Well I have spotted the Silverstone tj08e which looks good too ? What's the verdict on that case ?

It's good.