No audio output on rear I/O?

Go to solution Solved by JoaoPRSousa,

Seriously ASUS?

image.png.0cb03903c106c9b95520d0c54c65a3c8.png

It was set to the first one... And somehow I still didn't have sound on my speakers. Changed to the second option, switched the audio output and it's fixed...

Hey guys

I've updated my motherboard's audio drivers (ASUS B350-F if that helps) and now I got no audio output on the rear I/O but the front panel audio output still works perfectly. Does anyone know how to fix this? Should I go about uninstalling all the audio drivers I might have and then install the fresh one?

Thanks in advance!

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

5 minutes ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

Hey guys

I've updated my motherboard's audio drivers (ASUS B350-F if that helps) and now I got no audio output on the rear I/O but the front panel audio output still works perfectly. Does anyone know how to fix this? Should I go about uninstalling all the audio drivers I might have and then install the fresh one?

Thanks in advance!

I don't have that specific board, but most of the time that happens the wrong audio device is set as default. Many audio devices show up as 3 separate devices, the standard output, the headphone output and the digital out. Make sure you have the correct one set in Windows as the default.

3 minutes ago, sphbecker said:

I don't have that specific board, but most of the time that happens the wrong audio device is set as default. Many audio devices show up as 3 separate devices, the standard output, the headphone output and the digital out. Make sure you have the correct one set in Windows as the default.

I only have these two devices on the list (other than the AMD ones), the speakers is the front panel jack and the digital output is not the line out (no sound from speakers, and that is the SPDIF port IIRC)

image.png.5730b8e4dc54eb371ea0ad4ac5b74ec4.png

13 minutes ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

I only have these two devices on the list (other than the AMD ones), the speakers is the front panel jack and the digital output is not the line out (no sound from speakers, and that is the SPDIF port IIRC)

image.png.5730b8e4dc54eb371ea0ad4ac5b74ec4.png

Typically the output called "speakers" is on the back, not the front panel. If you have the audio software installed then some of the ports can be reassigned. I would reinstall the audio drivers and software.

I am guessing that isn't a new board. What recent changes have you made? Fresh Windows install? Moved to a new case?

6 minutes ago, sphbecker said:

Typically the output called "speakers" is on the back, not the front panel. If you have the audio software installed then some of the ports can be reassigned. I would reinstall the audio drivers and software.

I am guessing that isn't a new board. What recent changes have you made? Fresh Windows install? Moved to a new case?

Yeah, I noticed that too. I reinstalled the new drivers, still the same. What software?

It isn't. I really just updated my audio drivers, and then, this happened... :|

Seriously ASUS?

It was set to the first one... And somehow I still didn't have sound on my speakers. Changed to the second option, switched the audio output and it's fixed...

• 2 years later...
On 12/9/2019 at 9:47 AM, JoaoPRSousa said:

Seriously ASUS?

Hey-O,

I know this thread is old but I am having the same problem and believe it might need the same solution. Could you point me to where you found that playback device option? I also have a Asus mobo and my front panel audio works great but rear I/O stopped working as soon as I plugged speakers into the front.

12 hours ago, Berghy said:

Hey-O,

I know this thread is old but I am having the same problem and believe it might need the same solution. Could you point me to where you found that playback device option? I also have a Asus mobo and my front panel audio works great but rear I/O stopped working as soon as I plugged speakers into the front.

I'm no longer using that motherboard and I don't really remember, but it might have been Sonic Studio/Radar.