Savage Jerky that good?

J_M_O_

I went to savage jerky website to buy some. Looking at the prices it is twice as expensive as Jack Links from walmart after the discount and buying 11 packages worth. Buy less at once and price is even more. 

So, is the taste/quality that much better?

P.S.
Not hating on them. I know most good stuff comes with a premium. Just curious if the community thinks it is that much better.

3 hours ago, J_M_O_ said:

I went to savage jerky website to buy some. Looking at the prices it is twice as expensive as Jack Links from walmart after the discount and buying 11 packages worth. Buy less at once and price is even more. 

P.S.
Not hating on them. I know most good stuff comes with a premium. Just curious if the community thinks it is that much better.

Worth every penny. I buy two packs of Jack Links a week. So I have eaten a lot of it. Savage Jerky is in its own class. Its some of the best Jerky I have ever had. No SHIT, I have $50 worth on its way. Because once you try it your going to want more. I dont order it all the time, but its worth every penny. 

I heavily suggest the Mojo and the Mapple Buffalo bacon. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

how can jerky be different from brand to brand, i've had many a jerky in my days on the road, and it all tastes the same.

fresh jerky is a different ball game though

if i were you, just buy a small bit and do a side by side comparison between your Jacks store bought jerky, and throw in a 3rd one of grocery store jerky or specialty butcher jerky. corner store butcher shops need your support, so i'd go there and purchase a bagful.

Linus seems to really enjoy the Mapple Buffalo bacon also, they don't have any in stock though. And the mojo is out of stock. LOL
Thanks for the reply, maybe when the Mapple Buffalo is in stock I will order some to try.

Just now, J_M_O_ said:

Linus seems to really enjoy the Mapple Buffalo bacon also, they don't have any in stock though. And the mojo is out of stock. LOL
Thanks for the reply, maybe when the Mapple Buffalo is in stock I will order some to try.

Thats because I bought it all. I have 3 Mojo, 3 Maple Buffalo bacon and 3 Teriyaki. 

Also check out the Jerky Joint. They have jerk from diffrent meats. Such as Pork, Beef, Buffalo, Elk, etc. They are probably about as expensive as well. They charge a bit for shipping, which is why when I go up to Frankenmuth, MI, I stop by the store.  

Just now, Donut417 said:

They have jerk from diffrent meats. Such as Pork, Beef, Buffalo, Elk, etc

Yeah those types of jerky are so delicious.

is savage jerky a linus product or just a company that did some advertising with linus?

from what I can tell, sponsor so no wonder linus loves the savage jerky lolololol

1 minute ago, amdorintel said:

savage jerky a linus product

Nope. Its a US based company. Out of Georgia I think. 

Yep coupon code LTT on savage jerky gives you 20% off which helps on the price

P.S.

A lot of people on the forums here seem to really love it.

My fiancee also quite liked them.

Me? I actually think Jack Links is better - at least, their Teriyaki beef jerky is for sure better. I didn't like the Savage Jerky teriyaki very much.

The jerky bacon (Maple Buffalo in particular) is fucking gooooood though.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

2 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

Nope. Its a US based company. Out of Georgia I think. 

Well that is good, atleast a half brained nitwit FDA is checking health standards, can only hope.

That is why I do not buy food items on ebay, amazon and the likes.

Can never be too safe these days in the internet age, ordering stuff online.

I would buy 5 kg of jerky if pricing and sh werent too steep

2 minutes ago, amdorintel said:

Well that is good, atleast a half brained nitwit FDA is checking health standards, can only hope.

That is why I do not buy food items on ebay, amazon and the likes.

Can never be too safe these days in the internet age, ordering stuff online.

I would buy 5 kg of jerky if pricing and sh werent too steep

Looking at savage jerky any order over $49.00, after any discounts applied, gives free shipping. Atleast it does for me in the United States. That means you would have to buy 11 packs of jerky with LTT offer code to get free shipping which is 24.2 ounces.

1 minute ago, J_M_O_ said:

Looking at savage jerky any order over $49.00, after any discounts applied, gives free shipping.

internationally would not apply more then likely but ya never know

5kg is 176 ounces. LOL

Bulk sales discount LOL

internationally would not apply more then likely but ya never know

5kg is 176 ounces. LOL

Bulk sales discount LOL

LOL

4 hours ago, J_M_O_ said:

P.S.

Got a bow and arrow? Theres nothing like home made jerky.....nom nom 

Just now, PurplDrank said:

Got a bow and arrow? Theres nothing like home made jerky.....nom nom 

true dat

true dat

1% of the people seem to hunt for food

but more can hit the seran wrapped grocery store for some prime meats and jerky it up

i agree

true dat

true dat

but more can hit the seran wrapped grocery store for some prime meats and jerky it up

i agree

IF you can find a local guy that has his own meat shop and that sells the jerky fresh thats a better choice. Your not getting all the processed stuff from the companies that package meat. 

9 hours ago, amdorintel said:

true dat

true dat

i agree

Far less than 1% of most countries hunt for their own food. Especially in somewhere like the US.

Grocery or butcher store meat is a perfectly acceptable way to make home made jerky. I haven't done it yet myself, but I've been toying with the idea. My main limitation is that I lack a dehydrator - so I'd either need to buy one (I don't want to), or I need to do the oven method, which just takes more care.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

It's ok IMO, But I live in a place where it is very easy to walk into a butcher shop and have fresh Jerky being made which is 100% better than packaged stuff. I feel so snobby saying that but with meats I believe it is worth buying from a local butcher. 

It's superior to anything I could get from my local grocery store but I haven't checked any other online alternatives. Anyway, I really liked the traditional one and wanted to check the mojo but, alas, some time after my order Savage Jerky stopped shipping to Poland. 

Well, it's entirely possible that it was my order that made them cross out Poland from the list (I mean, realistically, how many orders they can have here) if they experienced some kind of harassement from customs or whatnot (for me it went smoothly though).

CPU: i7 6950X  |  Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ed. 10  |  RAM: 32 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum Special Edition 3200 MHz (CL14)  |  GPUs: 2x Asus GTX 1080ti SLI 

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1 TB M.2 NVME  |  PSU: In Win SIV 1065W 

Cooling: Custom LC 2 x 360mm EK Radiators | EK D5 Pump | EK 250 Reservoir | EK RVE10 Monoblock | EK GPU Blocks & Backplates | Alphacool Fittings & Connectors | Alphacool Glass Tubing

Case: In Win Tou 2.0  |  Display: Alienware AW3418DW  |  Sound: Woo Audio WA8 Eclipse + Focal Utopia Headphones