AIO for GPU

Hi, New to liquid cooling.

So, I watched a few videos, and it shows how to liquid cool your GPU through custom looping and what not.

My question are: Can you use AIO to liquid cool your GPU? Is it advisable or even possible? Should I use 360mm AIO?

I have Gigabyte Radeon RX Vega 64 Gaming OC overclocking to 1730MHz with memory clock at 1100MHz. Stressing the GPU with full fan speed stays 65c, although it is very noisy.

Thanks.

I have ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder). More info: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autism_spectrum

I apologies if my comments or post offends you in any way, or if my rage got a little too far. I'll try my best to make my post as non-offensive as much as possible.

3 minutes ago, Chiyawa said:

So, I watched a few videos, and it shows how to liquid cool your GPU through custom looping and what not.

My question are: Can you use AIO to liquid cool your GPU? Is it advisable or even possible? Should I use 360mm AIO?

I have Gigabyte Radeon RX Vega 64 Gaming OC overclocking to 1730MHz with memory clock at 1100MHz. Stressing the GPU with full fan speed stays 65c, although it is very noisy.

Thanks.

Hi,

It's possible to do it, LTT did it with a big air cooler, but it's easier to do a custom loop at that point. There are no bracket for GPU so you'll need to make a custom one etc.

2 minutes ago, Chiyawa said:

Thanks.

Not possible. AIO's are for CPU's. GPU's is either: Use stock cooling or do a custom water loop.

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

Hi @Chiyawa,

It looks like Alphacool does offer an AIO for these Vega 64s;

GIGABYTE Radeon RX Vega 64 Watercooling 8G 8GB HBM2 (GV-RXVEGA64X W-8GD-B)
GIGABYTE Radeon RX Vega 64 Silver 8G 8GB HBM2 (GV-RXVEGA64SIL-8GD-B)
GIGABYTE Radeon RX Vega 64 8G 8GB HBM2 (GV-RXVEGA64-8GD-B)
GIGABYTE Radeon RX Vega 56 8G 8GB HBM2 (GV-RXVEGA56-8GD-B)
Gigabyte Radeon RX Vega 64 Gaming OC 8G,8GB HBM2,3x HDMI, 3x DP (GV-RXVEGA64GAMING OC-8GD)

You will need to know what the reference design number is for your particular GPU, try using the Microsoft DirectX diagnostic tool to look it up?

Or you could simply ask them if they do support it by emailing them.

Use the Water-block finder on their site -click here- Alphacool (dot) com

I hope this helps ☮️

Those who deny freedom to others deserve it not for themselves (Abraham Lincoln,1808-1865; 16th US president).

5 hours ago, GenericFanboy said:

Not possible. AIO's are for CPU's. GPU's is either: Use stock cooling or do a custom water loop.

This isn't true.  There are brackets/mounts that you can use to put an AIO on a GPU.  The NZXT Kraken G12 is probably the most popular and is about $25 ~ $30.  I have one and paired it with an new but old style EVGA 120 that I found on sale.  That AIO has about a 5400 RPM pump speed and my overclocked 1070 ti doesn't go above 53*C in a room that's 85*F/30*C.

Highly recommend.

AMD Ryzen 5800XFractal Design S36 360 AIO w/6 Corsair SP120L fans  |  Asus Crosshair VII WiFi X470  |  G.SKILL TridentZ 4400CL19 2x8GB @ 3800MHz 14-14-14-14-30  |  EVGA 3080 FTW3 Hybrid  |  Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Boot Drive  |  Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB - Game Drive  |  Seagate 1TB HDD - Media Drive  |  EVGA 650 G3 PSU | Thermaltake Core P3 Case 

13 minutes ago, nick name said:

This isn't true.  There are brackets/mounts that you can use to put an AIO on a GPU.  The NZXT Kraken G12 is probably the most popular and is about $25 ~ $30.  I have one and paired it with an new but old style EVGA 120 that I found on sale.  That AIO has about a 5400 RPM pump speed and my overclocked 1070 ti doesn't go above 53*C in a room that's 85*F/30*C.

Highly recommend.

I've seen the G12 aswell . I'm interested in getting this but not too keen on stripping down my gpu ?

6 minutes ago, Leot1995 said:

I've seen the G12 aswell . I'm interested in getting this but not too keen on stripping down my gpu ?

It's usually not terribly difficult.  If you're worried then look for a tear-down of your GPU on YouTube and decide if it's something you're capable of doing yourself.  

AMD Ryzen 5800XFractal Design S36 360 AIO w/6 Corsair SP120L fans  |  Asus Crosshair VII WiFi X470  |  G.SKILL TridentZ 4400CL19 2x8GB @ 3800MHz 14-14-14-14-30  |  EVGA 3080 FTW3 Hybrid  |  Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Boot Drive  |  Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB - Game Drive  |  Seagate 1TB HDD - Media Drive  |  EVGA 650 G3 PSU | Thermaltake Core P3 Case 

8 hours ago, Chiyawa said:

Thanks.

Yeah,it definitely is possible to mount any AIO to any GPU as long as you are willing to work for it. Easiest way would be to get a NZXT bracket and basically any Asetek AIO as someone already mentioned. I used an older Corsair H60 which isnt Asetek patented style(i think) and it took some work. Since the pump is physically large,it almost covers all of the original heatsink screw holes,i used the midplate with original thermal pads and drilled some extra holes that line up with H60s mounting bracket. Used some flat and thin screws with nuts,used some electrical tape underneath the screws,and voila,fits perfectly. The other thing that MUST be done is figure out some VRM and VRAM cooling. Since im still using OEM midplate with pads,a single fan NZXT G12 style should be enough,but if i was not to use the midplate some small heatsinks and thermal pads would be a MUST. I did this because of a bad original cooler,the ASUS Turbo. After installing this AIO on my GTX 1080 temps never go above 51c while overclocked to 2150mhz,even could push it to 2200.

And yeah,stripping down your GPU should not be too difficult,its pretty much unscrewing everything,unplugging few connectors and thats pretty much it :)

10 hours ago, Chiyawa said:

I'd be reluctant to put any aftermarket cooler on a vega because of the hbm... I'd only use fullcover blocks and heatsinks which specifically have "vega" in their name.

My R2700XT build:  r7 2700 @4.1 Ghz max 65C - Sapphire Pulse rx 5700xt @1625Mhz 955mV 1300rpm fans, max 82C - Asrock B450 gaming k4 - Gskill Ripjaws 2x8GB @3200mhz CL16 - Be Quiet Straight Power E11 650w - Fractal Meshify C - EK-Kit S240 - NB eLoop 120mm PWM - Be Quiet Shadow Wings 140mm 1000rpm - Bitfenix Spectre LED PWM 120mm - Samsung 250GB 860 Evo - Seagate Barracuda 2TB

Peripherals:  Acer XF270HBbmiiprzx 144hz 1080p TN - CM Storm Quickfire TK - Coolermaster MK750 - CM Storm Reaper - Logitech G303 - Logitech G502 - Logitech G603

Audio:  Hyperx Cloud Stinger - Samson SR850 - Trust Screamer - Creative Gigaworks T20 II