Big Boy Screen Iphone?

Hey Everyone.

I was just wondering what you wonderfull people were thinking of the new rumors that the next Iphone might come in a 4,7" and 5,5" model?

Is it believable or not ? say what you think :)

i couldnt care less, actually.

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

i couldnt care less, actually.

Then why did you comment?

Spoiler

-

CPU:Ryzen 9 5900X GPU: Asus GTX 1080ti Strix MB: Asus Crosshair Viii Hero RAM: G.Skill Trident Neo CPU Cooler: Corsair H110

iphone would loose the large population of people that buy their phone because they can't handle a screen any bigger.

It would also have them increase the amount of pixels that they then have to calibrate for launch driving costs more.

Seems like a bunch of BS rumors to me. Apple took years to get to a 4 inch screen size (which was just a vertical increase in size), and they would make everyone hate them if they suddenly changed to a 5.5" size.

because he asked and im a polite guy \O/

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

because he asked and im a polite guy \O/

Haha you have a point there.

Spoiler

-

CPU:Ryzen 9 5900X GPU: Asus GTX 1080ti Strix MB: Asus Crosshair Viii Hero RAM: G.Skill Trident Neo CPU Cooler: Corsair H110

Because the OP asked what people would think of a larger iPhone and he answered that he wouldn't care about one......?

Anywhoo, I think the idea of a large iphone is alright, though they may need to tweak the OS in order to take advantage of more real estate.

i7 not perfectly stable at 4.4.. #firstworldproblems

I think a 4.7" is quite possible, but I do not see them doing a 5.5" at all. I see them having a larger iPhone around 4.5"-5" to take the place of the 5s and costing the same, and then a 4" version to take the place of the 5c and costing the same as it.

I think it's almost mandatory that they increase the size.
The CEO was getting a lot of flak from investors, saying they need to do something radically different to increase sales. Their designs lately have been rather lacking.
A bigger screen would get people to see it as a true "upgrade" and they'll buy a new device.

iphone would loose the large population of people that buy their phone because they can't handle a screen any bigger.

It would also have them increase the amount of pixels that they then have to calibrate for launch driving costs more.

I don't think that's true at all.

I only know one person that has an Iphone because of it's size. The rest have it either because they had the first one and already had all the apps and didn't want to waste the money on buying them on Android, or it was what they're used to. A couple are also just Apple fanatics and don't like the complexity of the Android OS.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

I think it's almost mandatory that they increase the size.

The CEO was getting a lot of flak from investors, saying they need to do something radically different to increase sales. Their designs lately have been rather lacking.

A bigger screen would get people to see it as a true "upgrade" and they'll buy a new device.

I don't think that's true at all.

I only know one person that has an Iphone because of it's size. The rest have it either because they had the first one and already had all the apps and didn't want to waste the money on buying them on Android, or it was what they're used to. A couple are also just Apple fanatics and don't like the complexity of the Android OS.

i could name over 50 people who like the iphone because of its size and do not want it any bigger, majority of which are females

CPU: i5 4670k with Noctua C12P-SE14 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 SSD: 250gb Samsung EVO MOBO: MSI Z87-G43 RAM: 8GB G-Skill 1600mhz PSU: Antec HCG 620W CASE: Corsair 300R windowed 

Well apart from consuming media on a phone i dont really see how a bigger screen would make it better, especially on an iOS device. if you look at the iphone, the ipad the interface is just a magnified version, you dont get any benefits with the more real estate you have. If youre only using your phone to do basic tasks like calendars, taking notes on the go etc. you will not need a massive screen. I have a 4" android phone and i appreciate the small size of it and the one handed use(altho its kinda old and sluggish now). Also lets just exclude the apple cultists from the equation and just focus on a reasonable consumer.

So bottomline if apple just wants to make a bigger screen for the sake of making one than IMHO it might just become a flop. They need to rethink the interface and how to utilize the more screen estate, to actually give an advantage over 4", bc otherwise it will just be a brick in your pocket and inconvenient to use it. If they want to keep this recipe they have now i dont see any reason to go above 4.5 really and thats really on the border already. going for 5" or more(especially so quickly compared to the older model) is just stupid.

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670k Mobo:MSI Z87-G43 RAM:Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB 1866MHz SSD:Samsung 840 120GB GPU:Gigabyte GTX770 2GB PSU:EVGA NEX650G Case:Fractal Design Define R4 Cooler:Corsair H80i 

i could name over 50 people who like the iphone because of its size and do not want it any bigger, majority of which are females

Guilty as charged, lol. I do like that the phone is a little smaller than some of the others. I already feel like I am dragging around a brick at times, I'm a bit of a Luddite when it comes to technology though so it took me years to even get a cellphone.