Does my Seasonic M12II-520 Evo is enough for my build

VersusSoul

Hi guys, I just bought an 5700xt and I wonder if my seasonic M12II-520 Evo, 520W is enough. 

My CPU is a ryzen 5 2600. 

Thanks for your help! 

Do I need to change it now? Or can I wait one month ? 

Thanks for your reply :)

6 minutes ago, VersusSoul said:

i would recommend if you can to do it now, as the m12ii is an old, and these days an outdated platform. if 12v gets pushed too high (which isn't unlikely as the most powerhungry components use it), the 5v rail can go out of specification, as the controller has to regulate them together. with that the platform lacks undervoltage protection on the 12v rail

it was an average psu for it's time, but these days it's more or less meant for nothing more than an office system

more detail:

1 hour ago, VersusSoul said:

Thanks for your reply :)

The M12 is not a good choice if bought new. But, if you already have it, you can power your rig with it. Just make sure, you slightly undervolt the GPU, as, custom-cooled 5700xt-s can draw a lot of juice. Try undervolting something like 6-7%, to keep both power and temperatures in check. 

This will not only improve temperatures, but also might do good to the lifespan of your graphics card& ease the strain on your PSU.

If your PSU is older, with 5-6years of use, I'd change it though.

Life is really challenging. I don't always suceed: )

11 minutes ago, Vejnemojnen said:

The M12 is not a good choice if bought new. But, if you already have it, you can power your rig with it. Just make sure, you slightly undervolt the GPU, as, custom-cooled 5700xt-s can draw a lot of juice. Try undervolting something like 6-7%, to keep both power and temperatures in check. 

This will not only improve temperatures, but also might do good to the lifespan of your graphics card& ease the strain on your PSU.

If your PSU is older, with 5-6years of use, I'd change it though.

I already have the PSU and he is 6 months old. Well, i will power my rig with it and i will buy a new PSU later when i will have the money haha 

How can i undervolt my gpu? i never did that, do you have a tutorial for a newbie like me? haha 

Thanks a lot for your advices! :)  

12 minutes ago, VersusSoul said:

I already have the PSU and he is 6 months old. Well, i will power my rig with it and i will buy a new PSU later when i will have the money haha 

How can i undervolt my gpu? i never did that, do you have a tutorial for a newbie like me? haha 

Thanks a lot for your advices! :)  

I don't have AMD card, but, I believe it can be done via AMD Wattman, and you'll find plenty of tutorials on youtube. Search for something like AMD GPU undervolting

Life is really challenging. I don't always suceed: )