Why cant I use my 3 Monitors as being separate Monitors and not duplicating themselves?

David.A

I just bought a 3rd Monitor. Connected it via DP and went into the Display settings on my PC. I now have the problem that only my 2 old Monitors will actually show something. Or the other option that I could get to work was that I had 1 main Monitor and Monitor 2 and 3 were duplicated. But I want it so that all 3 Monitors are basicly on there own and can show separate things. I have the Monitors connected to my Asus Gtx 1080. 2 Monitors via DP and 1 via HDMI. Is it maybe that I can only have 1 Monitor connected via DP and must have the other 2 connected via HDMI? or how else do I get this to work?

Many thanks in advance!

It’s usually a display settings thing.  

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Are the monitors connected to separate ports on the GPU or are you using a multiplexer?

Make sure that your graphics drivers are up to date and make sure that the displays are in Extend mode by pressing Windows Key + P and clicking Extend.

Workstation:

Intel Core i7 6700K | AMD Radeon R9 390X | 16 GB RAM

Mobile Workstation:

MacBook Pro 15" (2017) | Intel Core i7 7820HQ | AMD Radeon Pro 560 | 16 GB RAM

Select each monitor and select extend instead of duplicate. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz