Over clocking ryzen 5 3600

Chiyawa

Hi,

New to overclocking here. I'm about to buy Cooler Master Hyper 212 RGB Black: https://www.coolermaster.com/catalog/coolers/cpu-air-coolers/hyper-212-rgb-black-edition/ (since I can add another fan to do Push-Pull air flow config). So, my question is: How far can I push my CPU with that type of cooler? Will it be better if I buy Be Quiet Pure Rock? (For the record, the maximum day time ambient temperature is 36c)

Another question that pops in my mind: where to begin? Any 101 guide I can refer to?

Another question also: I had a Gigabyte X570 Aorus Pro WiFi, and it has 8 pin 12V and 4 pin 12V. My PSU only has 8 pin 12V. Will it be adequate to overclock Ryzen 3600 or will I face some power restriction?

Thanks.

I have ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder). More info: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autism_spectrum

I apologies if my comments or post offends you in any way, or if my rage got a little too far. I'll try my best to make my post as non-offensive as much as possible.

Some good and bad news.  The bad news is ryzen series cant really overclock that much and dont have much headroom, especially without some more significant cooling.  The cooler you have will keep it running nicely, without too much noise, but will not offer much room for OC. 

On the very positive side, ryzen 3000 series also some out of the box with stellar performance without the need for overclocking.  Let XFR (or whatever auto frequency thing they call it now) do its thing and it will perform well. 

Bad for those that like to tweak things as there is really not much to "do", but good if you like out of the box excellent performance. 

El Zoido:  9900k + RTX 4090 / 32 gb 3600mHz RAM / z390 Aorus Master 

The Box:  3900x + RTX 3080 /  32 gb 3000mHz RAM / B550 MSI mortar 

What he is saying is they overclock themselfs and they do a damn good job at it.. The better your cooling the better it will clock and for a longer time..

On 11/29/2019 at 8:16 PM, Zberg said:

Some good and bad news.  The bad news is ryzen series cant really overclock that much and dont have much headroom, especially without some more significant cooling.  The cooler you have will keep it running nicely, without too much noise, but will not offer much room for OC. 

On the very positive side, ryzen 3000 series also some out of the box with stellar performance without the need for overclocking.  Let XFR (or whatever auto frequency thing they call it now) do its thing and it will perform well. 

Bad for those that like to tweak things as there is really not much to "do", but good if you like out of the box excellent performance. 

I see. But I guess the CPU can auto overclock to 4.2GHz, so guess I just let it do its magic.

13 hours ago, kidroc666 said:

What he is saying is they overclock themselfs and they do a damn good job at it.. The better your cooling the better it will clock and for a longer time..

I see. Thanks for the info.

I have ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder). More info: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autism_spectrum

I apologies if my comments or post offends you in any way, or if my rage got a little too far. I'll try my best to make my post as non-offensive as much as possible.