Multiple questions about new build (RAM speed for Ryzen 5 3600 and GPU clock)

Salty_Gamer

Hey there,
I am thinking of upgrading my old system:

• Intel i5-4590
  • Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX970
  • 8 Gigs of HyperX Fury RAM
  • MSI H97 PC Mate
  • NZXT S340
  • Corsair CS550M

I only want to upgrade the CPU and GPU (so that means RAM and Mobo too):

• Ryzen 5 3600
  • XFX Radeon RX 5700 DD Ultra
  • MSI B450M PRO-M2 MAX
  • 16 gigs of RAM

I have a few questions tho:

1. I have read that RAM frequency can impact performance quite a lot with the new Ryzen series. Now I did a lot of research into this but all the stuff about infinity fabrics, memory timings and frequencies is still a bit vague to me. This site says that it's best to with 3200MHz C16 RAM if you're on a budget, which I am. I don't really know anything about overclocking and stuff and I just want to insert my RAM and have it work. Is this the case if I pick that type of RAM?
  2. I'm pretty sure that 550W is enough for this system. Am I correct? (I did not assume, I used some different calculators)
  3. Someone told me the GPU I mentioned runs at 1900MHz instead of 1750MHz. That sounds really weird because even on their website it says 1750. Can anyone elaborate on this?
  4. And for my final question: Is it worth it spending more money for the XT version of the GPU? Because in benchmarks I only saw a 10 to 15 FPS gain. For me it's a 50$ difference and I don't really find it worth it.

Thanks in advance for any help :)

Seem solid!

Just get a 3200mhz kit - cl16 or cl14 - won't matter that much. Most kits can overclock higher if you want to down the road. But if you want plug'n play, then its the way to go. Also won't matter in gaming. If you're benchmarking then you might see a difference.. But you won't feel the difference.

PSU: Is fine, and a solid unit for what you need.

About 5700 vs XT, I would go with that 5700 too. Looks very good. Nice cooler and nice VRM/mem temps, also you can save the money and get a better CPU cooler:

http://www.madshrimps.be/articles/article/1001168/XFX-Radeon-RX-5700-DD-Ultra-8GB-GDDR6-Video-Card-Review/0

CPU cooler for cheap: Get a Evo 212 black edition

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

2 hours ago, DoctorNick said:

Seem solid!

Just get a 3200mhz kit - cl16 or cl14 - won't matter that much. Most kits can overclock higher if you want to down the road. But if you want plug'n play, then its the way to go. Also won't matter in gaming. If you're benchmarking then you might see a difference.. But you won't feel the difference.

PSU: Is fine, and a solid unit for what you need.

About 5700 vs XT, I would go with that 5700 too. Looks very good. Nice cooler and nice VRM/mem temps, also you can save the money and get a better CPU cooler:

http://www.madshrimps.be/articles/article/1001168/XFX-Radeon-RX-5700-DD-Ultra-8GB-GDDR6-Video-Card-Review/0

CPU cooler for cheap: Get a Evo 212 black edition

I actually already have that cooler, forgot to mention that. Thanks for your advice :)