e5-2667v2 bottleneck?

I decided to set processor affinity (this was done with hyperthreading turned off, the cinebench score would have been high with hyperthreading). For all the test I got the same performance/fps. I tried with the first cpu enabled, another with the second enabled and one with all of them enabled. I got no FPS difference.

On 12/8/2019 at 7:06 AM, artavasdes said:

Yeah, with ecc memory, the difference should just be a couple frames. I am going to test the Radeon VII on another system. Do you think taking one of the cpus out will do anything even though I limited the cores it could run on so theoretically it shouldn't make a difference.

Dual cpu boards don't work with only 1 cpu

Current PC (Second Build) : CPU: Ryzen 5 1600 (OC @3.8GHz, sometimes pushed to 4GHz) RAM: 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4-2666 (OC @2733Mhz, sometimes pushed to 2800 for testing purposes)   GPU: PowerColor Radeon RX570 8gb MOBO: ASRock B450m Pro4 SSD: Inland 120gb HDD: 1tb Seagate Barracuda PSU: Cooler Master Masterwatt 500w Lite Case: NZXT H500 OS: Arch Linux+ KDE Plasma [Desktop Environment] & Windows 10 Pro [Broken due to grub 50% of the time]

Accessories: Mouse: Alienware AW958 Elite Keyboard: Corsair K63 Wireless  Headphones: Samsung Level On Pro

Phone (waiting on arrival): Samsung Galaxy Note 9

2 minutes ago, ImAyaanKhan said:

Yea they do.

1 hour ago, ShrimpBrime said:

Yea they do.

Huh, from what I've seen most don't

Current PC (Second Build) : CPU: Ryzen 5 1600 (OC @3.8GHz, sometimes pushed to 4GHz) RAM: 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4-2666 (OC @2733Mhz, sometimes pushed to 2800 for testing purposes)   GPU: PowerColor Radeon RX570 8gb MOBO: ASRock B450m Pro4 SSD: Inland 120gb HDD: 1tb Seagate Barracuda PSU: Cooler Master Masterwatt 500w Lite Case: NZXT H500 OS: Arch Linux+ KDE Plasma [Desktop Environment] & Windows 10 Pro [Broken due to grub 50% of the time]

Accessories: Mouse: Alienware AW958 Elite Keyboard: Corsair K63 Wireless  Headphones: Samsung Level On Pro

Phone (waiting on arrival): Samsung Galaxy Note 9

Just now, ImAyaanKhan said:

Huh, from what I've seen most don't

I've only had older server boards with multiple sockets, those would post with a single Cpu and a single stick of memory.  I believe you are also correct some will not. 

4 hours ago, artavasdes said:

I decided to set processor affinity (this was done with hyperthreading turned off, the cinebench score would have been high with hyperthreading). For all the test I got the same performance/fps. I tried with the first cpu enabled, another with the second enabled and one with all of them enabled. I got no FPS difference.

In preferences tab in cinebench, be sure to set the number of threads increased when you enable another cpu.

(I should go back and read the first two pages shouldn't I?...…..)

11 hours ago, ImAyaanKhan said:

I have two cpus in it,

11 hours ago, ShrimpBrime said:

In preferences tab in cinebench, be sure to set the number of threads increased when you enable another cpu.

(I should go back and read the first two pages shouldn't I?...…..)

I guess I was a bit vague on my post yesterday but I tried cinbench with hyperthreading on and once with it off. Remember, I have these two cpus watercooled (but not overclocked because the motherboard does not support it). So with hyperthreading turned off, I got a score of like 1952 and with it enabled I got a score of 2352 which is 100 points higher than linus's score with the same cpus. Maybe I am supposed to be getting a high score because of possible memory issues. Everyday I narrow the problem more down to one of the cpus having a bad memory channel, I might get another of the same cpu and try it.

• 2 weeks later...

I bought a new e5-2667v2 and swapped out the cpu in the first socket for it. Sadly, I got no performance difference. I really do not know what may be causing this performance issue, tomorrow I am going to use different ram to try and see if there is a difference. I doubt the is a problem in the second cpu because there is no reason for there to be one and it functions perfectly.

2 hours ago, Sir0Tek said:

I enabled retpoline and I actually lost performance. I lost about 6 FPS on average in rainbow six siege. I am going to uninstall it and try messing with the ram.

I tried with some other ram I had, it was hjynix 4gb 2rx4 1333 mhz with four of them and I only had a performance difference of 4 FPS. I am now starting to think that it is the motherboard that is the root of this performance loss.

Seems your WIndows is been patched already. I guess I'm of little help if it's something with the mainboard going on or if it's due to its design.

I also wanted to mention how garbage my frames are in Minecraft if that says anything.