Getting beeping noises when trying to start pc.

smexygamer
Go to solution Solved by smexygamer,
8 minutes ago, Eigenvektor said:

Do you still have the old CPU/GPU that did work? If so, I'd see if a BIOS update is available, maybe this is needed to support the new CPU. Not saying the RAM has an issue, just make sure you used the correct slots.

If possible, I'd try to combine old CPU + new GPU and vice versa, to make sure nothing is wrong with either of those.

Hi, I actually fixed it! There was some dirt i the socket, so i jus carefully removed it and now it boots!

Thx so much for your help!

So, I am trying to install a new gpu and cpu in an old system. But when I try to start the computer i just get constant beeping noises and the pc doesn't boot. 

I have checked the ram and I know it works, I have tested it in another pc. And the pc has work with another cpu + gpu.

Bios: American Megatrends

Any ideas? PLS RESPOND! Thx!

Check the handbook, those beeps are a code that usually gives you at least some idea what is wrong. Or tell us what the series of beeps is (how many, short, long?)

~edit: Might also help to mention more details. What motherboard, cpu, gpu and what type of power supply are we talking about?

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

Don't have an handbok for this old pc.

Constant kinda short, not super fast dough beeps. And they never stop beeping.

Thx!

Just now, smexygamer said:

Don't have an handbok for this old pc.

Constant kinda short, not super fast dough beeps. And they never stop beeping.

Thx!

The handbook could still be available online. Like I said, more details needed. What type of motherboard, CPU, GPU, PSU etc.?

Might be the power supply is too weak. Did you plug in all the power cables needed by the GPU?

Its a Fujitsu W530 power.

D3227-A12 mobo.

I5-4570s cpu.

Strix gtx 960 4gb.

550 80+ gold psu.

Do you need anything else?

@Eigenvektor

18 minutes ago, smexygamer said:

W530*

Haven't found anything specific for the Fujitsu, but here's the list of beep codes for an AMI BIOS:

https://www.lifewire.com/amibios-beep-codes-2624543

And here's the handbook for the motherboard

First step would be to make sure that you've connected all the power cables for the motherboard and GPU. You should also check which RAM slots you used, the handbook mentions which slots you need to populate based on the number of modules you have (e.g. if you have two sticks, you need to use slots A1 and B2).

Since this is a prebuilt, its also possible its limited to certain manufacturer approved components, though I haven't been able to find anything related to that. I know HP likes to do stuff like that, not sure about Fujitsu.

I checked my connectors and no problems there. My beep code isn't really there, mine is just like a continuous beeping...

I have checked ram, and it works in another pc, and is originally from this pc.

What else could it be, maybe cpu? But i really don't think so. Had this problem before, don't remember how i fixed it.

28 minutes ago, Eigenvektor said:

Haven't found anything specific for the Fujitsu, but here's the list of beep codes for an AMI BIOS:

https://www.lifewire.com/amibios-beep-codes-2624543

And here's the handbook for the motherboard

First step would be to make sure that you've connected all the power cables for the motherboard and GPU. You should also check which RAM slots you used, the handbook mentions which slots you need to populate based on the number of modules you have (e.g. if you have two sticks, you need to use slots A1 and B2).

Since this is a prebuilt, its also possible its limited to certain manufacturer approved components, though I haven't been able to find anything related to that. I know HP likes to do stuff like that, not sure about Fujitsu.

1 minute ago, smexygamer said:

I checked my connectors and no problems there. My beep code isn't really there, mine is just like a continuous beeping...

I have checked ram, and it works in another pc, and is originally from this pc.

What else could it be, maybe cpu? But i really don't think so. Had this problem before, don't remember how i fixed it.

Do you still have the old CPU/GPU that did work? If so, I'd see if a BIOS update is available, maybe this is needed to support the new CPU. Not saying the RAM has an issue, just make sure you used the correct slots.

If possible, I'd try to combine old CPU + new GPU and vice versa, to make sure nothing is wrong with either of those.

8 minutes ago, Eigenvektor said:

Hi, I actually fixed it! There was some dirt i the socket, so i jus carefully removed it and now it boots!

3 minutes ago, smexygamer said:

Oh wow, never thought of that :D Congrats on solving it.