First run at a parts list for a new build

Hakiroto

Hi, everyone!

I'm (probably) looking to build a new gaming PC. I've been out of PC gaming for about a year so I'm a little out of touch with what's what but here's a first run at a parts list. I haven't decided on a monitor yet but I'm looking for high-refresh 1440p. Some of the prices here (from PCPartPicker) are a little higher than what I've seen them for but you get the idea. I'm hoping for some deals in the next week or so but I don't know how realistic that is.

• CPU: Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor (€506.99 @ Mindfactory)

• CPU Cooler: Corsair H115i PRO 55.4 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler (€135.90 @ Amazon Deutschland)

• Motherboard: MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON ATX LGA1151 Motherboard (€194.89 @ Mindfactory)

• Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory (€70.90 @ Amazon Deutschland)

• Storage: Samsung 970 Evo 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive (€169.90 @ Amazon Deutschland)

• Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8 GB GAMING OC Video Card (€771.90 @ Alza)

• Case: NZXT H510 Elite ATX Mid Tower Case (€157.34 @ Mindfactory)

• Power Supply: Corsair 760 W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply (€199.89 @ Alternate)

Alternatively, I was considering going down the 3700X (with MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS) route and saving a bit of money. That said, this PC will be used for gaming only so I figured the extra gaming performance of the 9900K might be worth it at a stretch. I've done some research on those two CPUs and it seems like the 9900K is the one to go for if you want the absolute best performance but I'm quite interested in the 3700X, especially as it's ~180€ ($200) cheaper.

Any feedback would be much appreciated. Thanks!

18 minutes ago, TorturedMoon said:
  • CPU Cooler: Corsair H115i PRO 55.4 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler (€135.90 @ Amazon Deutschland)

• Motherboard: MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON ATX LGA1151 Motherboard (€194.89 @ Mindfactory)

• Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory (€70.90 @ Amazon Deutschland)

• Storage: Samsung 970 Evo 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive (€169.90 @ Amazon Deutschland)

• Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8 GB GAMING OC Video Card (€771.90 @ Alza)

• Case: NZXT H510 Elite ATX Mid Tower Case (€157.34 @ Mindfactory)

• Power Supply: Corsair 760 W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply (€199.89 @ Alternate)

Alternatively, I was considering going down the 3700X (with MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS) route and saving a bit of money. That said, this PC will be used for gaming only so I figured the extra gaming performance of the 9900K might be worth it at a stretch. I've done some research on those two CPUs and it seems like the 9900K is the one to go for if you want the absolute best performance but I'm quite interested in the 3700X, especially as it's ~180€ ($200) cheaper.

If you're going only for gaming the 9900k is a good choice or 9700k (but lacks of HT). Although pick another motherboard because this one won't handle well an i9.

You will need one of those :

Asrock: Taichi (ultimate) (xe)

EVGA: FTW, Classified K, Micro

Gigabyte: Designare, Aorus Master, z390-Aorus Ultra, z390-Aorus Pro, z390-Aorus Elite

MSI: M7, MEG ACE

Same if you want to go with the 3700x :

A b450 would be better and enough.

The NVMe is a little overpriced but I've seen worse for a 1TB Samsung SSD.

What's the model of your PSU ? 

Thanks for the advice. The PSU I was looking at can be seen here. Good to know about the motherboards; I'll check those others out and read through the thread you shared. Hopefully there'll be some decent deals on some of these parts in the next week or so.

8 minutes ago, TorturedMoon said:

Thanks for the advice. The PSU I was looking at can be seen here. Good to know about the motherboards; I'll check those others out and read through the thread you shared. Hopefully there'll be some decent deals on some of these parts in the next week or so.

It's not a bad unit though a little old and expensive. You could look at the RMx, TXm, Whisper M, Formula Gold, Straitght Power 11 or Dark Power Pro 11.

https://de.pcpartpicker.com/product/79tQzy/corsair-rmx-2018-750w-80-gold-certified-fully-modular-atx-power-supply-cp-9020179-na It's still overkill but the price is really low atm.

https://de.pcpartpicker.com/product/9htQzy More expensive but better.

https://de.pcpartpicker.com/product/Rj22FT

I couldn't find the others I mentionned on PCP with a decent price.

If you want to read a little more :P